Thread: We're Back!

We're Back!

We got back from our trip to Italy this past weekend. We had great weather for a while and then the rain chased us around the country But we had a fabulous time and got to see many beautiful places: The Dolomite Mountains, Venice, Verona, Lake Garda, Florence, Orvietto, Pisa, and Cinque Terre.

I have been busy getting the house and our stuff ready for the packers. They are supposed to come today. It is 10:30 and they are still not here. We weren't given a specific time: between 8 and 4 is all they could tell us. Well, I packed my clothes and shoes and such in plastic crates and sorted through everything and organized things so the unpacking process won't be too difficult. But the packers sure have their work cut out for them! We have soooooooo much stuff. I counted 24 crates of shoes and clothes alone! And the kitchen is just as bad!

We may be going to Munich tomorrow night and want to visit Neuschwanstein Castle . Andrew will be gone for 2 weeks on training excercises before deployment. Drake and I will most likely travel somewhere.
    Last edited by DoggiesAreTheBest; 04-28-2005 at 07:49 AM.

WOW! It sounds like you had a wonderful time, Souraya!! I do believe that Drake is the most traveled dog I have ever known. Pictures please!

Glad to hear that you all had such a wonderful time but that darn rain, I know how you feel. I don't think it will ever stop here

Sounds like you've been really busy with the packing. Ok maybe I just don't remember, but where are you moving to?

Well I hope that you and Drake have some great travels while your waiting for Andrew

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I will post pictures in the next few days. With all that is going on here, I have no time to retrieve them off the laptop.

Anna, Drake and I are moving back to GA. Andrew is deploying for another year to Iraq and I don't want to stay here alone in Germany. My contract as an Arabic teacher is over since my students are deploying. It's too much for me here by myself. So, I am going back to the States and will be returning to school to get another degree: Culinary Arts. So excited!

Yea!! I am so glad you are back and had a good time! And I am even more excited that you are coming back to the States!!
    Packing is horrific...I need to get started myself...soemtimes I am seriously tempted to throw it all away and start over again! Some of the cr*p I own is just not worth the hassle you know! But then, I get that feeling, you know the "Pack-Rat" feeling...
    "Oh, what if I get there and I NEED 4 can openers!!!"

Where are you going to live Souraya? Did you rent another house or are going back to the one you lived in before? Is your brother still in GA?
    Too many questions...

But the most important one...Pictures? Soon? Please!

Despite the rain, I'm glad to hear you all had a nice Italy vacation. Good luck with the move!!

Where in GA are you moving too? Andy and I plan on being back in Atlanta for Dragon*Con in late August/early September.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Hello Souraya! So great to hear from you. Sounds like you had a great time despite the rain that followed you. Can't wait to see lots of your pictures. Sounds like you are ready for the big move. I wish you all the best and hope it all goes well. Studying Culinary Arts sounds fantastic! I can't wait to hear all about that also. Tell Andrew to be safe.

Robin

That's awesome Souraya!!!
    Looking forward to pics!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..