Thread: Hello, back again but all is not well :(

Hello, back again but all is not well :(

Hello all, it's good to be back, I sure have missed you all.

We arrived home last night, after 2 lovely weeks in the sun, only to find out that Twinkle is not well We think she may have cat flu!! My mum, sister and cat sitter have seperated her from Bugs and she has some eye drops and tablets. She has not been well for about 5 days, sneezing, runny eyes and being quiet. but she has improved apparently. She seemed glad to see us and she is eating ok. She has a follow up appointment with the vet tomorrow, but I am going to try and see if I can get her in today.

Bugs is also pleased to see us, but she has been coughing (not a lot) and swallowing hard. So I will try and get her in today too.

My partner spent the night with Twinkle and I spent the night with Bugs. As I understand it is important to keep them separated to avoid it spreading??? I have never had to deal with this before, so I will read up as much as possicle on the internet, and get advice from my vets. If anybody can offer any advice, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Nicki x

Thanks manda_moo87 for my siggy

Welcome back! I am sorry to hear that winkle is sick. but the fact that she is eating is a good sign. (they often lose their appetite when they are sick). Hopefully she will feel much better very soon.

Welcome back Poo and sorry to hear of your troubles. Prayers on the way for Twinkle and Bugs.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Sadly,colds spread,like wildfire,among Cats,I know,as 4 ,of the Found Cats,have the siffles,and are being kept,against,thier will,in the Spare Bedroom.And we are parying,taht the Flu Bug,goes away,and leaves Your Cats,alone!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm sure she will start improving dramatically now that you are home again. It seems kitties really get stressed out when their humans are gone and that could be what brought on the cold in the first place. Poor little Twinkle.

Glad you're taking them both in. Better to be safe than sorry.

Welcome back!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I agree that the stress of your leaving probably brought on the URI. However, as long as little Twinkle is eating and drinking so that she doesn't get dehydrated ... she should be fine!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Thanks all for you replies, I agree what with all the things that have been happening recently, Sooty passing and us going on hols. I think poor little Twink got a bit stressed out.

I have been to the vets with Bugs and Twinkle tonight, they are happy with Twinks progress, she no longer has runny eyes, she just has a bit of a snuffly nose. Bugs has been checked over and it seems she may have got the same thing, so she has some tablets too. So I have to finish both their courses of tablets and hopefully they will be ok.

I am gonna spend the weekend giving them some TLC and fingers crossed they will both be better soon. I am so glad to be home, I enjoyed my hols, but missed my cats more!

Nicki x

Thanks manda_moo87 for my siggy

Glad to hear they are feeling better and have some meds. They will be fine ... give them both some loves from me too, please!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!