Thread: BIG weekend!

BIG weekend!

Okay, I'm in FFA and I made it to state this year. Well, I had been studying SO much! This weekend my FFA team and I traveled all the way down (6 hours!) to the cities for this contest! I did not do very well though It is my first year though! Only five hours of sleep on these three days! I survived! I got up at 4:30 one of those mornings too!
    Another thing is that...Peek-a-Boo and Autumn were spayed and declawed! (only the front claws) I was able to watch them and it was so cool! It is so much different then I thought it would be like!
    Are/have any PT's been on FFA? Have any of PT's operated/watched/assisted in a surgical procedure? Please share if you have

I have watched neuters, a spay, and seen mammary lumps being removed. I'm on a veterinary assitant practicum.

Thankfully the vets that I work with will not declaw an animal unless it is the LAST resort and they have worked continuously with the client (I still don't agree with that but at least I know they try, and they know that the client could go somewhere to get the procedure done for cheap, putting the animal at risk), or if it's because the animal needed it for a medical reason. I would not watch or assist in a declaw surgery unless I knew it was for the best of the animal, which I honestly think is, in most cases, an oxymoron in itself.