Thread: Weird question

Weird question

Ok, I have a weird question...

For those of you who had children, did you "feel" that you were pregnant before you took a pregnancy test or saw a doctor? I was listening to a talk show on the radio and a few of the women said they just knew they were pregnant before they got the official word. Some others were saying that they were crazy attention seekers and didn't think it was possible.

Just thought I would throw this one out to the PT community and see what you all think or how you felt?

.:. To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it .:.

With my first pregancy I didn't feel different...not until I threw up, anyway.

With the second and third ones, I pretty much knew. There's just something different about you and you just know. I didn't know the third one would give me twins though.

Do you think you might be pregnant?

I tried for 9 years so I always thought I was and I finally got right!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

The doctors told me I couldn't get pregnant until I got my periods straightened out - I wasn't having any so I was told I wasn't ovulating - boy, were they wrong! I had a terrible case of nerves that turned out to be Amy. With Rob I knew - but then we were really trying and I was paying close attention because I wanted another child so badly.

We really did not think seriously about having a third child - we weren't against it we just weren't planning on it right then. One day my sister-in-law said she had a dream that either her sister or I was pregnant - just like that I KNEW it was me and I was! I don't think I will ever forget that sudden feeling - It's me, I'm pregnant!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

I've had one miscarriage and I knew I was pregnant before the test, no I don't have any kids so don't freak out and say oh you never told us you had kids. You just feel different.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Do you think you might be pregnant?
    Nope, I don't think so..well there could be a slight chance, but I don't feel any differently. I did have a headache for a few days straight (someone mentioned to me that could be a sign due to hormones changing), I vomited once yesterday afternoon and was feeling a little nauseas..but I believe I had a minor flu. I'm feeling good today, just a slight headache and nausea when I woke up but no vomiting. Feeling normal now (not feeling any different). Although I wouldn't mind it to be honest with you, .

I guess when the time is right it will happen.

It was just a general question to the community, hehe

.:. To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it .:.

7. I wouldn't know because I'm only 14 LOL!

But if you are, please let us know!

hmm I would say that I could tell something was different, but I didn't know what. My doc told me that it might take a while for us to get pregnant since I have thyroid disease, so when I started feeling kind of "off" just weeks after going off of birth control I didn't really want to believe it and get my hopes up.
    I'd say you kind of know something is different though
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

With my first pregnancy, I KNEW with in a week! Call me crazy or whatever but I knew I was pregnant at a week into it. I was so sick, sicker than I had ever been.. Everyone thought I was crazy then, too! (so feel free to say I was crazy, there was no way I knew). For the rest of them, soon as I missed my period I knew.. I NEVER missed unless I was pregnant.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Yes, I *knew* before it was official with my second and third babies - especially with my last (Missy) - I just had a strong feeling right after her conception. I don't think this is unusual - you just feel something if you know your body well. That is my experience anyway

I read somewhere that a girl knew the exact minute she conceived. She said she was standing in the kitchen talking to her husband and she suddenly felt ill and had to sit down. She said she didn't tell her husband cuz he'd think she was nuts and sure enough a few weeks later she took a test and she was preggo!!!!

I had a feeling I was, but didn't know for sure...
    Hard to explain. Goood luck if you are!! We'd be close I'm
    8 weeks!!

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experiences everyone.

Unfortunately, I don't feel that I am but I'll know for sure in a few weeks. I was hoping that I was, but I really don't want to get my hopes up too fast too soon. (couldn't help it though, felt a little excited that I was lol )

Congrats to you Jods!

If/when I do, I'll make an announcement for PT.

I was trying to get pregnant so I was watching for signs...and 2 months in a row I just knew I was, but wasn't. Then when I really was I knew because I took one sip of a beer and gagged...and couldn't drink a drop of it...same way with mountain dew...made me sick to think about it...the next week I took the pregnancy test and it was postitive..

Yes, I pretty much knew ... within a couple of weeks, anyway. I tried to deny it big time, but I knew. Bleck ... hate to even THINK of that!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien