Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A day at the flea market

A day at the flea market

Sunday Robin & I decided to take a little trip and meet at a big indoor flea market called Traders World.
    It's a huge place and we did lots of shopping!
    Our first stop was at a little booth that sold charm braclets and charms. Of course we couldn't resist getting one a few charms to go along with it!
    Here's mine (maybe Robin will get on and share hers too).
    I eneded up getting 5 charms along the way. The first one says "Dog Lover" then there is a husky, chow and rottie. Couldn't find a black chow or a mastiff...guess I'll be doing a little ebay shopping also The charm on the end is 1/2 of a best friends charm...Robin has the other

Next we went to a really cool place that has all kinds of dog stuff. Just about any thing with any breed (of course except a brindle mastiff ).
    I got a neat husky shirt that I've been wanting forever. And as we were doing more shopping I found a cool chow shirt...it looks just like my Huney Bunny!
    We went to another place and they did airbrushing so Robin & I decided to have the pups names put on our shirts...too cool!!!
    Here's the husky shirt

and here's the chow shirt

I think they turned out awesome...can't wait to wear them

Robin also got one with an Akita so mabye she can share it with you all, it looks alot like Katie girl.

Anyways I was just so happy with my purchases I just had to share!!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Cool stuff!!

I'm goin to laugh when people start called you Huney.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

3. When I read the title, I figured, oh poor Anna's dogs, they must have gotten fleas and you cleaned them up. So me expecting sad puppy faces, got some amazing things! It looks like you had a GREAT time! I wish I could have went, those shirts and charm bracelets look great!

Lets see some pics with them on you now Anna! You too Robin!

Now, my parents never told me they had THAT kinda of stuff at the flea markets!! They stop at Trader's World when they go see my brother. I think they have been holding out.

I've been looking around for more charms...and they aren't cheap!! My aunt had TONS of them at christmas time, most I've found since are more then I thought they'd be..all though I haven't check E-bay. Be careful though...some charms open to the right,a nd some to left. MAke sure the ones you buy fit together!!

As soon as I opened this I started to laugh, Trader's World IS one of Carl's and my favorite places. We also go to the one across 75 Turtle Creek - it is smaller but has a lot of nice stuff too. Actually I haven't been there too recently. I haven't gone to see Rob but Carl stopped on the way back from taking Christy home and spent the night with Rob. Both he and Rob went to Trader's World - but I didn't get any dog shirts or charms. HMM, I think I better talk to that man!

When Carl was living in Florida, he found a flea market who had lots of dog iron ons and he had shirts made up for me with an Airedale, Dalmation, Golden Retriever, a Border terrier that looks kind of like Taggert - I never thought of having the dogs names put on the back - cool idea.

My sister made me a bracelet for Christmas. I have a dog lover, a paw print, one that looks like a Golden Retriever and a generic dog. (As well as lots of others that have purple on them or I love my kids etc.)

Flea markets are such fun! You never know what you will find! Trader's World has some nice inexpensive plants when it gets warmer - I've gotten some beautiful hanging baskets for $10 and less.
    Last edited by 4 Dog Mother; 04-26-2005 at 06:17 PM.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

i love the sibe shirt!!!! super cool!!! I want one with Tikeya name lol..

Sounds like you too had fun shoppin ..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I have never, ever seen a braclet like that!!! C L!

Hmmmmm, wonder if you can get them here. Anna, do they have a specific name?

LOVE the shirts too ........
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Originally posted by captain
    I have never, ever seen a braclet like that!!! C L!

Hmmmmm, wonder if you can get them here. Anna, do they have a specific name?
    Yep they are called Italian Charm Braclets. Not sure if you can get them there but I've seen them on the internet quite a bit

Originally posted by Kfamr
    I'm goin to laugh when people start called you Huney.
    HA! You won't be here to hear them

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Very cool stuff! I love the charm braclets. We dont have flea markets here. The town I live in is so small. I envy you all. I bet that was a blast.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

I LOVE the sibe shirt!! ) Maybe it will be warm enough at the Memorial Day Findlay gathering you can show it off! (of course the way the weather's been.......we could have snow!)

I just did a search on eBay hee - (and yes, believe it or not, that is the first time I have ever gone onto eBay!!!!!) - and found some in Australia.

They don't seem to have the groovy charms you got tho .... might have to search in the USA too!!!

Thanks Anna
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

you did some good shoppin!

i have that siberian charm. and i wish i had a shirt like that! that is too cute!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Wow you picked up some great stuff Anna . I love the charm bracelet very nice.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

cool stuff Anna!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Wow that's some really neat stuff! I've been wanting to get one of those italian charm bracelets, they are really neat. I love those charms and the shirts!