Thread: Food Poisoning?

Food Poisoning?

Last night Justin and I had chinese for supper. We've gotten food from there several times before. It's a really clean place and the food always looks good and fresh. Last night was no different. I got the honey chicken, which I've had before and it looked and tasted fine, but I got majorly sick. I was up in the night throwing up. I feel fine, my belly has just been off today. Actually I'm doing a lot better now, still a little queazy, but better.

I looked online and found this:
    CLOSTRIDIUM PERFRINGENS
    Disease: Perfringens food poisoning
    Source: "Buffet germ" that grows rapidly in large portions of food that cool slowly. It grows in chafing dishes which may not keep food sufficiently hot and in the refrigerator if food is stored in portions too large to cool quickly.
    Symptoms (after eating): Onset: 8-24 hours; diarrhea, gas pains, nausea, and sometimes vomiting lasting only a day. Usually mild, but can be serious in ulcer patients, the elderly, ill, or immune-compromised.
    Prevention: Keep food hot (above 140 degrees F) or cold (below 40 degrees F). Divide bulk cooked foods into small portions for serving and cooling. Reheat leftovers to at least 165 degrees F. Take special care with poultry, stew, soup, gravy, and casseroles.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I bet it was good chicken too. Such a loss . Sorry, hope you feel better. I've gotten food poisoning before, its never fun but it goes away quickly.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I have had it before too, twice acually.. from the same food... lol you think I would learn! I got food poisening twice from NoName macaroni and cheese, not fun. after the first time I refused to tough mac n cheese for like 5 months then I started eating it again, and I got food poisening from it again, then I waited severl months and started eating it again... lol I cant help it! KD mac n cheese is horrable, the only brand that is sold at superstore that tqasts good lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Ick...that sounds horrible. Poor thing!

Glad you're feeling a bit better now.

Hugs,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I HAVE HAD FOOD POISONING BEFORE.IT LASTED 3 DAYS. I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND THEY TOOK A SAMPLE TO DIAGNOS WHAT IT WAS. I HAD A BACTERIA FROM FOOD, AND I WAS VERY UPSET. I BOUGHT SOME FROZEN TYSON CHICKEN FROM THE GROCERY STORE. I TOOK OUT ONE BREAST AND COOKED IT IN THE MICRO. MADE A SANDWICH AND ATE IT. THE REST OF THE CHICKEN WAS IN MY FREEZER. I CALLED TYSON AND TOLD THEM WHAT HAPPENDED. THEY SAID THEY WERE SORRY, AND SENT ME SOME COUPONS AND A CUTTING BOARD, THEY ALSO PAID ME FOR THE THREE DAYS I WAS OFF WORK. I ALSO TOLD THE STORE ABOUT IT SO THEY WOULD TAKE IT OUT OF THE FREEZER SECTION.THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT WAS ALSO NOTIFIED.

it was probably the microwave, good way to get free stuffs though
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Chicken has a very high source rate of bacteria, you need to be carefull with it at all times. Even the best restaurants can serve unwittingly infected chicken. The worst case of food poisoning I had however was in Malaysia, I had some green curried fish. Tasted pretty good at the time, but I ended up in hospital for three days on a drip. Never been able to eat a green curry since.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole