Thread: Me and my Seagull Friend!

Me and my Seagull Friend!

I went through the drive-thru at 'Jack-in-the-Box' this afternoon and ate in the parking lot on the way to my parent's house. (Don't worry, they have crohn's healthy sandwiches there! )

I was just sitting there, listening to my radio, enjoying my Pannido and the beautiful weather when this seagull lands on my hood and stares at me!!

I admit, I was a little worried when he started to knock on my window with his beak repeatedly, but decided to share my bread with him. (Didn't want to give him turkey...that'd be mean and gross!)

I kept tossing a few small pieces out the window for him. He'd fly down to the ground and then back on my hood. He'd rub his beak on the glass every so often.

We kept that way until I was done and had to go. I gave him the last bite and started my car. He ate and jumped back on my hood, while I was rolling backward.

Eventually he flew off...what a silly bird. But, I do have to say, that was quite an interesting lunch date I had!

Of course I had my new digi cam...so here are a few pictures!

...RIP, our sweet Gini...

That's so cool!!! The birdie says 'Thankyou for lunch!'

On our honeymoon, we went to Cape Hatteras, NC; and on one of our picnics we befriended a black headed seagull, and nicknamed him Wistful Wally. They are awesome birds!

(Didn't want to give him turkey...that'd be mean and gross!)
    Don't worry, it probably wasn't anyone he knew anyway. JUST KIDDING!

I used to feed the seagulls while on my Dad's boat. That was until I found out that fisherman gauge where the fish are biting by where the seagulls are flying.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    ROFLOL! That was nice of you to share with him/her, but I'm surprised that there weren't 20 more on your hood. Around here when you throw out one morsel of food, be prepared to just give up and go without.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

You sure did get some close up pictures of him. Thats really neat.

Its Kehaar! One seagull, how did you manage that? The only time I had a one-seagull experience is when I woke up at six in the morning to feed my cat who I thought was begging at my bedroom door and it turned out I had heard a seagull playing in our little pond right outside my window. All other times if we fed one we would end up with the entire "bomb squad" flying above us. I like the close up pics, he certainly wasn't scared of you!
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Those seagulls are so pretty and I know he enjoyed his lunch. When I was on a boat in the intracoastal canal from Baton Rouge to Corpus Cristy, there was seagulls and I use to save all my left over bread and me and some of the guys would go out every day and throw bread up in the air at them and they would catch it in mid air. Some would almost come take it out of your hands. It always gave me my "pet" fix on those long stays on the boats and was always the high part of my day!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Very cool Kelly.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

what a brazen bird!!!

but a nice Kelly!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Yea, I was glad I wasn't flocked!!

Our family has a wierd thing with birds. They're always drawn to us like that.

Oh well, it was nice having a little companion.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

How cute! The whole time I was reading I was thinking you got flocked. I'm glad that didn't happen, it woud have to me.

From Decker with Love

Aww he's so cute! that is really neat
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..