Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do about dog hair?

What do you do about dog hair?

Just curious how you all handle all the dog hair everywhere during this heavy shedding season.

I keep all of the bedroom doors shut so they can't get on the beds, and leave the guestroom open. I have an old comforter over the guest room bed, and if somebody needs to sleep there I can remove the hairy comforter and put on a nice quilt.

On the sofa, I just use a damp wash cloth daily (more sometimes) and the hair comes right off.

In the car, I get it off the seats with duct tape.

I have to keep the floors well-swept or the hairs jump up on the kids' pant legs.

What do you do to prevent yourselves from being covered with dog hair?

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

we don't ....

lol well, we sweep the hardwood just about every day...but other than that, the fur is just part of us! We keep a small lint roller with us to get the bad stuff off of our clothes when we need to, but we're pretty lucky because most of the girls have short hair that isn't really noticeable. I'd say once a week I vacuum the furniture....
    ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

We use the "Swiffer" just about everyday on the hardwood floors, we vacuum constantly, and we stock up on those hair/lint rollers for our clothes and the furniture.

Oh, the life of living with dogs!

I don't even bother anymore. It's impossible.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Originally posted by binka_nugget
    ditto! We're actually lucky, though, because our dogs don't shed too much.

nothing. Niño sheds more than any dog I have ever heard about and we don't do anything but my parents keep him off all furniture exept for in my room, where he is alowed on everything!
    I fear no one will ever go to my house when I'm an adult because I plan to have multiple dalmatians and let them on the couch and all I will do for hair is brush them once a day.

Niño & Eliza

7. What dog hair?

Poodles dont free shed. it comes off only when you brush,, or give them haircut.

my bridge girl Muffin(she was a shepherd mix) man.. she used to shed ALL year. and she seemd to shed only white hair... so it stuck out like a sore thumb on everything. LOL

i used duct tape on the couch. the rest vaccumed up pretty easily.

I have 5 dogs and an open plan house... AKA I dont lol its time to sweep when we dont remeber what colour the floor is
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

ours dont shed too much either.But Kodie is shedding alot right now i take out all the lose hair outside,definently not in the house Lucy hasnt really shed yet.

Oh no truer words were ever spoken! I could vacumn 3 times a day (and I've tried it before) and we'd still end up with hair on our clothes!
    But since we don't let the kids get on the furniture (they just lay up against it ) we don't have too much hair on our couch or bed but you can just see it flying everywhere when the sun comes out

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Nothing to the house except vacuum once in a while. I use a shedding blade on the dogs and the cat while they stand on the front porch and then I use a stripping knife on Autumn so she is nice and cool.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Ha ha, Anna. You must have forgotten what happens while you're gone Duke's not allowed on the furniture, just my bed. So, I sleep in dog hair and wash the blankets regularly. It's a loosing battle, really. We have carpet so we vacuum.
    Attached Files Attached Files

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Same My dogs fur is very noticable though lol. I sweep and vacuum, but not as much as I should. I don't have the effort to do it everyday seeing our house is pretty big -_-

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

The only ones that shed are Ginger and Jenny the others have short hair
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

With Nanook shedding 24/7 for the last 14 years I learned to just live with it. Rausyk doesn't shed too much.

Nanook is not able to jump up on the bed or couch anymore so I don't have to live with that (but when he was able to I just made my bed daily with a dog-protector blanket on top and put an old sheet on the couch or I lived with it).
    I vacuum & sweep daily. The dog hairs come right off the interior of my car with normal vacuuming.
    And I brush him often.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.