Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Webshots...Sort of!

Hybrid View

Bye Bye Webshots...Sort of!

Well, I lost patience waiting to see if Webshots was going to "come around." I clicked on every pic. "still standing" here on Pet Talk to check out the sites people were using and addressess. I noticed C.C.'s picture posting site was one I had not yet tried, or even heard of. Short story...SUCCESS!! It's not quite as "spiffy" as Photopoint of Webshots...But, you can post on the web, resize down to a thumbnail, edit, crop, transfer, upload in quantities of ten, etc. Only thing is you don't get an address for your alblum site. Viewing is by your email invitation only, I think. Gotta check on that. Anyhow, at least I'm back posting pics, including thumbnails without red x's and my sig. is back up! Here's the site...And thank you C.C.!!!! (Cookies' Mom)

www.photogra.com

Hmmmmnn??? Can't click onto the above link. But when I type in the same address into the bar, I can connect OK!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Yaya! Glad to see the gang back again!

Call me crazy, but it appears to me that the photos I've posted from Photogra.com are MUCH sharper and clearer than Webshots. Possible??

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sandra I agree with you. They do look brighter and clearer. Thanks to you I have joined this site too. One thing I want to mention in case anyone has the same problem...I used the upload feature and uploaded 4 photos at a time, but only one came out in my in box. The others were just a x in a box. I deleted those to a recycling bin they have. I was going to upload them again, but when I went to check my recyling bin, there they were all pretty and showing up, so I just restored them. It happened the next time I uploaded more than one picture, and sure enough after I put them in the recyling bin and then went there, they were all good. Just thought I would pass that on. Don't repeat an upload until you try trashing and restoring.

DETAIL!

Sandra, the detail now in the sig pics has really increased. I can now see what the cats are doing.

About the upload feature: I tried to download the multi-pics upload software and my computer froze. I'll try that again, since it works for Rachel.

Thanks Joan!! And like Rachel, I have had some "mixed successes" uploading multiples. Sometimes 10 will go in fine at once. Other times, I have Rachel's problem. But, eventually they got there!! Just so relieved to have a nice site from where I can edit to teeeny tiny size() and post here!

I noted another eccentricity. I uploaded several pictures at a time and one didn't show up in my in box at all, not even with the x . The next time I went to the site it was there, so again, don't upload the same picture more than once until the site digests things.

Former User Guest
    We're also saying bye to Webshots. We've had albums in Photogra for a while already, they just need to be finished now, gotta put new pics in there
    Our webshots albums will stay for now anyway, so you can all still visit it if you like. But I won't be putting any new pics there. More new pics then on the main homepage, address is in the signature. We'll try to update it soon, been busy with other stuff now

Here's the link to Webshots album

Why WebShots won't work on Pet Talk...

We just received this reply from WebShots after inquiring if WebShots photos could be linked to other sites (like Pet Talk)...

Thank you for contacting Webshots!
    Our policies have recently changed with regard to linking directly to an image within a Community album.

It is now NOT possible to link directly to an image within a Community album so that the image appears on a website other than Webshots.

Also, you may NOT post a link to the image's location on our servers (e.g. http://community.webshots.com/storag...BgiwVTX_ph.jpg ).

You can, however, post a link to the image as it appears within your Community album (e.g. http://community.webshots.com/photo/...3468yPbBgiwVTX).
    (Doing this will display the entire WebShots page with their headers and footers around you photo.)

The long and the short of this is simply...
    We can NO LONGER link directly to a WebShots photo and have it display on Pet Talk; nor can we link WebShots thumb nail photos on our signatures.

Some of us have tried, with good success (so far) the new site called Photogra.com ~ link:

http://www.photogra.com

It's FREE, and easy to sign up and register for.
    Works a lot like WebShots; but does not have as many features. And it's not as easy to change things on an album page.
    BUT, as we speak, the photos you store on Photogra DO link and display on Pet Talk; and can be used in your Signature .

Example: our Cinder & Smokey thumbnail in full size...

This seems to be a *BIG* as they get .

Give Photogra.com a try - it's one of the few games left in towne .
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Phooey on Webshots!!!! That makes me MAD!

Testing my sig on photogra.com
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Cinder, Smokey, you make me weak in the knees!!! What gorgeous furkids!

This is a test
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Phred:
    I don't understand that message you received from Webshots because I've been loading pictures and graphics from my albums to Pet Talk without any problem. Even today I sent a birthday wish to handsome Smokey and a couple of days ago I replaced my signature photo with the new address.
    Do you think I'm just lucky and they haven't gotten to my albums yet?
    Thank you for telling us about Photogra.com ,just in case Webshots really stops us from downloading from their site.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

Originally posted by Albea
    Do you think I'm just lucky and they haven't gotten to my albums yet? ...in case Webshots really stops us from downloading from their site.
    Albea & All Others...

"Lucky" is the operative word there!
    I've noticed that every once in a blue moon a WebShots photo will pop up here on Pet Talk; but usually only once - if you reload the page or return later to that PT page - the photo is usually replaced with the broken picture icon or the red "X". My guess is they still have a few servers that have not been taught how to deny service to off-site photo requests.

Photogra.com seems to work well for now ~ But we have no way of knowing how long Photogra.com will continue to permit Pet Talk to display "their" stored photos. We're NOT going to spend much time adding captions to our Photogra site; nor will we upload photos unless we want to post them. Long term storage of photos on these free photo sites never seems to be very long term!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy