Thread: do you have a chinchilla

do you have a chinchilla

do you have a chinchilla
    hi i am eleven and have always wanted a chinchilla but the cost too much so iv been looking for a person who has babies or big chins thry want to give away if you have a chin you want to give away please tell me and i will pay shipping
    courtney,the great dane lover

Hi! I don't have a Chinchilla (have lots of other kinds of pets though), but I love Chinchillas!! I wonder if there are ever any Chinchillas in rescue? I have no idea where you would start looking, but "Ask Jeeves" is always a good place. I know that the humane society gets hamsters, guinea pigs, and probably lots of other kinds of pets who are turned in. Maybe you can find one that way. Good luck!

I am from the Southeasteren United States.
    I am sorry I have no chincillas. I asked Jesus Christ to help get you some though!

Originally posted by Emiley
    I am sorry I have no chincillas. I asked Jesus Christ to help get you some though!
    What a sweetie!
    I hope tiddleywink is able to get a chinchilla as well! We'll be keeping our fingers and paws crossed for ya!
    Last edited by zippy-kat; 01-24-2002 at 10:11 PM.

I tried petfinder.org, and only found a couple chinchillas in Britsih Columbia, Canada, but I would recommend doing two things:

1. Learning everything you can about chinchillas - get books from the library, read stories on the Internet, etc. so that when the day comes, you will be amply prepared for your chinchilla. This will also help show your parents how responsible you can be, and that you are serious about your interest. And it'll be fun to learn more about chinny-chin-chinchillas!

2. Sending polite letters to every animal shelter and veterinarian telling them of your interest, so that if they know of a cchinchilla in need of a good home, they will have your letter on hand, and think of you!

Good luck!

I am from the Southeasteren United States.
    I am still praying for you. I would love a Chinchilla. If you find more than you need send me a message. I will pay shipping also! I hope all is well!

-Emiley

I rescued a chinchilla named Fivel

He wasn't being looked after, had no food, no toys, no sand for his baths and one day he was just soo bord he chewed his own tail off

I took him in gave him lots of toys and lots of excersize. I took him outside on a leash and on really nice days he spent time in his outdoor cage. Sadly one day he escaped his outdoor cage and I never found him I was so upset. But I was told they are hardy animals who came from snowy mountains and he probably is living fine somewhere around the yard ???? I don't really know where they originated so I just hope this is true.

So yep there are chinchillas in rescues you just have to keep your eyes open.
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~