Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!!

Apologies if I spelt it wrong!

To all Aussies out there, I need some help, please!!!

I am doing tours this summer with Australians and I need some trivia please, like sayings and what certain words mean and stuff like that.

Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks!!

Yep thats the correct spelling .

GDay = Hello, Good Day etc

Mate = Friend etc

Vegemite = Is a spread you put on toast. bread etc *Yum*

Bogan = Someone who has NO dress sense eg, wears tight black jeans, mocasin (Shoes, slippers), and checkered flanelette shirts.

Westie = Same as above.

Roo = Kangaroo, may look cute but can get nasty.

Cmon Trevor, Nicole, Michelle help me out here .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Originally posted by cloverfdx
    Vegemite = Is a spread you put on toast. bread etc *Yum*
    I always laugh when I see someone say that vegemite is yummy. Nicole (Miss Meow) sent me some so I could try it and I've never gagged that much in my life. lol It's certainly an aquired taste.

Thank you, as you can see, I do have the "aussie, aussie, aussie" down, apparently you guys love that as greeting, true?

I also have "no worries, mate" "g'day" and "Fosters"

"aussie, aussie, aussie" down, apparently you guys love that as greeting, true?
    Not realy as a greeting ,more of a chant if you are at a sporting event.

Allthough if an american greated me with "Aussie, aussie aussie" i would be laughing my butt off .

I always laugh when I see someone say that vegemite is yummy. Nicole (Miss Meow) sent me some so I could try it and I've never gagged that much in my life. lol It's certainly an aquired taste.
    LMAO Awww it is great stuff .

Dont worry i tried stuff called "Pokey" They were chocolate covered bread stick thingys and they were gross .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Pocky- its Japanese and its great, I can't believe you don't like it. Vegemite on the other hand is disgusting, i.e: never feed it to an American unless you want to watch the most hilarious reaction.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "aussie, aussie, aussie" down, apparently you guys love that as greeting, true?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cloverfdx
    [B]Not realy as a greeting ,more of a chant if you are at a sporting event.

Allthough if an american greated me with "Aussie, aussie aussie" i would be laughing my butt off .

Okay, that probably explains it, I was told by our training instructor when we first get on the bus to pick up the mike and go "aussie, aussie, aussie" and the aussies would love it.

What is the most important info you would like to learn about another country?

btw, Canadian, eh!

"G'day mate" is probably the most important phrase to use, and I'll put my hand up now and say that vegemite is like axel grease.
    Don't ever ask for a Fosters. It's not a good beer, and you will be picked for a newbie immeadiately. (why do you think we export it). When in Sydney ask for a schooner of VB, or a schooner of NEW. In Melbourne ask for a pot of Draught, or VB. In a good bar however, you should always ask for a "Crownie"
    A "Dunny" is a toilet. (Barfly's will tell you there's no toilet, only dunnies)
    "Footy" Everyone will talk about it. In Sydney it's Rugby League. In Melbourne it's AFL.

Where abouts are you going? Between us we should be able to point you in the right direction.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

I think you should try marmite, it is much nicer than vegemite.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole
    I think you should try marmite, it is much nicer than vegemite.
    I've nevr tried marmite, although I've heard it's a little better than vegemite. Is it made from yeast, too?

btw, Canadian, eh!
    Opps sorry, it was about 2am when i was replying and did not notice until after i had posted and was to tired to edit. My dream trip is to travel around Canada *Sigh* oneday it WILL happen.

What is the most important info you would like to learn about another country?
    It would realy depend on the people on the tour. I have a huge interest in Animals and nature so thats what i would be wanting to learn about, well that and where the good shopping was .

quote:
    btw, Canadian, eh!

Opps sorry, it was about 2am when i was replying and did not notice until after i had posted and was to tired to edit. My dream trip is to travel around Canada *Sigh* oneday it WILL happen.

No worries, mate! And since you love animals, this picture is especially for you. It was taken by a fellow bus driver in northern BC. I personally have NEVER seen this many grizzlies together.

Oggyflute: I should clarify that the aussies are coming HERE to Canada, I'm not going to Austrailia, unless I win the free trip of course, that would be soooooooo cool!

In the meantime, I should not tell them where to get the Fosters, but a good Canadian beer. When I explain about the toilet on the bus, I'll call it a dunny.

This is great stuff, guys!!!! Keep it coming! I'm writing it all down. I can just feel the points amassing for my free trip!

Originally posted by 2dog1cat
    [ When I explain about the toilet on the bus, I'll call it a dunny.
    You do know that the Number One Rule for the toilet on a tour bus is NO NUMBER 2, right?

We Tour Managed an Austrailian band that was visiting here last summer. Their first time in the states. They were a lot of fun. I miss my guys...

Things I learned... NO Fosters, They didn't like our coffee, not everyone likes Vegemite or Marmite, they like HOT weather... Oh and when they yell Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... I'd yell back OUI! OUI! OUI! ... I miss them.

BTW- They will be back in the states in July... those of you in the midwest if you get a chance to see them... Please do they are a great bunch of guys!

www.dreamcatcha.com

LoudLou said:

"You do know that the Number One Rule for the toilet on a tour bus is NO NUMBER 2, right?"

Oh, man, you have GOT to be a bus driver!!!!!

After 16 years of dumping "floaters" oh, yes, I know that rule!

Usually, the standard announcement I make is this:

There is a washroom on board for emergency purposes, however, ladies and gentlemen, we like to think of it as stove and a bank!

We'll start with the bank. Every time a deposit is made, the original balance is increased and the interest grows. With every additional deposit, more interest accumulates including compound interest.

Now, we'll move to the stove. Remember where that room is folks. It is sitting right over an engine that gets hotter as the day progresses and it's like that stew, ladies, that you simmer all day long on the back of the stove and the wonderful aroma that flows thru the entire house.........same principal, TOTALLY different result."

That's usually all it takes, cause by the end, they're killing themselves laughing, however, with these groups that are coming, they have paid premium prices and the washroom is supposed to be accessible.

Hopefully, they'll like our coffee...I'll take them to Timmy's.

I think if you steer them in the direction of Moosehead, that will be quite acceptable for them. Labbatts is fair, but moose is better. If you tell them about the "dunny" you will be accepted as an Ausssie immeadiately. Two other terms that are usefull. "Fair dinkum" - means truth, absolutley, the real deal. "Digger" - Literally means a returned serviceman, also used as a term of endearment to older gents.

So,
    "Hey digger, the dunny is down the back of the bus, but fair dinkum, stand up performances only please"

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole