Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Flow?

Fresh Flow?

I was about to order a Fresh Flow Pet Mate fountain for Fister, but then I thought I'd visit the pet shop - they had one! It is about $20 cheaper than the 1.5 l. I was going to buy, and it looked the same. My question is, do any of you know whether there has been made copies of these - like they do with Lewis, designer bags etc.? I want a good quality one!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I have a Fresh Flow and the kitties love it. I have never heard anything about 'knock-offs" being made. I think you are probably safe in assuming that is the original Pet Mate brand.

I found mind much cheaper in a non-pet store and I'm sure it's the original too.

From Decker with Love

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I recently bought one for $39 (U.S.) and then KAK sent me a note that they were on sale for $15.99 at a local pet club. If it has the name brand on it, I think you can trust it - they do go on sale quite often.

Mishi didn't like it, so now I've put it in Mitzi's spot. She isn't quite sure about it yet, but she had been drinking from it when I had it in Mishi's spot. We'll see. I does take time for them to get used to it.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Thank you! That is reassuring to hear. I'm sure Fister will be thrilled with it, as long as it's reasonable silent, as he loves to lick the running water in the bathroom.

Over here they cost $95 for a 1.5 liter one, but the one I saw was cheaper. I must check whether it's also a 1.5 liter.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

we have one and Julie and Buddy love it! Buddy drinks from the basin part of it and Julie catches it as it comes down the slide.
    I found mine on Ebay for a good price, but I don't remember exactly how much I paid.

Is it "the Real Thing"??

Randi ~

Be very BLUNT with the Pet Shop -
    just ASK them if the one they sell is "the Real Thing" or is
    a "similar" brand. Paperwork shipped with the unit should say for sure.

Since "some" Cats do NOT like the "noise" the fountains make -
    ASK if it can be returned if Fister decides he doesn't *like* it.
    Over here the PetsMart chain of stores is VERY good about
    allowing almost everything they sell to be returned for
    exchange or refund if there is ANY problem -
    including the pet just doesn't like it!

/s/ Phred
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

I have the freshflow and love it, I've had it for almost two years now and I have never had a problem with it. It's also really quiet which I like. They do come in two different sizes, I have the smaller one for Corkscrew and Tibby and it's a perfect size. Once a day I refil the water tank and that's it. It even hold enough water that if I forget a day there is still plenty in there. It also makes a strange sound when it is starting to run low on water so you'll know you need to refil it.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

It is a great item, Randi!! May I give you an advise? Plug it out during the night, to let the motor cool down a bit. Mine got broken because we didn't do that
    Fister will love it!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I got mine,for ten dollar,no tax,at the Animal Welfare Bazzar,and the Cats all drink,from it!Bargooon!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks for the advice. Yes, it's always good if you can return it, but hopefully that won't be neccesary. Fister loves running water, but not noise. LOL! I imagine Fister will lick the water from the slide - well see!

Lut, I think it's a good idea to turn it off during the night, I actually thought of that also.

I'll go and get one tomorrow.

Oh I hope you get it Randi - and that Fister will love it!! I have had the PetFlow a couple years now and it works great - I find it to be very quiet (slight hum up at the pump and quiet at the fountain) as long as the water level is good and high. I never thought of turning it off at night!! Maybe I should do that so as not to burn it up - but it has run nonstop all this time. I got mine used at eBay Some of the kitties use the basin but most love the slide!! Fresh running water all the time

Oh and I give mine a really good cleaning about once a month - take it all apart and scrub the deposits from the water, etc - the yucky stuff under the filter - and get it squeaky clean once again.

Oh and Randi - pictures
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 04-18-2005 at 09:43 PM.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Good luck! I got mine because of Mishi's bathtub habit and thought it wouild cure him .... it didn't; he still prefers the bathtub. I have such a fear of fires that I turn it off when I'm not home.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I know Fister will like it.....eventually. I don't remember the name brand of the one I have, but the only real noise it makes is the quiet trickle of falling water, which is what cats like. It's great to know if it can be returned, but the thing is that sometimes it takes the cats awhile to adjust to it, so find out just how long you have to return it. I had mine for at least 3 years before I actually physically saw either T or P drink from it, but I figured they were because the water was disappearing faster than it could evaporate. One thing that might help Fister get the idea faster is to put it in the bathroom where he is used to drinking. That way he might more quickly equate the sound of the water with the fact that he should be drinking it.

Good luck with it, and remember, we always like photographic proof of such purchases and Fister's reactions!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I've got the Pet Mate Fresh Flow, but I'm not sure I can assemple it right. Does the pump really go in the bottom? It'll get wet!! But it fits there. I think I managed to put the filter in the right place (down the slot behind the water slope?) The turquise thing with a plastic screw, I figure you fill with water - but do I fill water anywhere else? On the picture it seems that water is poured into the cone shaped hole next to where the filter sits. Have I got it right?

I can't wait to see Fister's reaction to it!

Hi Randi - yes the pump is water tight and goes in the bottom. Yes you use that piece with the screw to hold extra water but also fill the whole thing with water the first time and when you clean it. It holds allot!! I fill the basin until it is about one finger width from the top. It also needs refilling (for me) every day but then, I have five cats who all drink from it

Oh and the pump may takes a couple minutes to get the water up to the waterfall...