Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is the silliest thing your dog does?

I think that everything Daisy does is funny, but I'll only share a few things that are really quirky

Daisy has a little attitude and I guess that can be silly... today, for instance, I gave her a bath. Well Daisy hates water so she was VERY angry with me. When I opened the bathoom door she went running crazily through the hall and leapt into my bed. My cousin slept over last night and her pillow was on my bed too, but Daisy knew which one was mine, jumped over my cousin's, and rolled on mine, drying her wet hound-smelling little body on it. She then took off down the stairs and crouched there, waiting for me. I went down and tried to pet her but she was in a snit and took off running again. She wanted no part of me. She ran away from me until she tired herself out and laid down. I went to lay next to her and kissed her nose, and she sneezed on me and rolled over. What a brat! It's a good thing she's so cute!

Also, when she was a puppy, she had a little biting problem. She knew it was bad but she thought she was the alpha so she bit us all. But sometimes she'd just snap at us and miss us, and so as not to get in trouble, she'd yawn, as if to say, "Who, me? Bite? No, I was just yawning!" We thought it was just a coincidence until it happened every single time She's a smart one!

Daisy loves bread, and sometimes if a big Italian bread goes stale, we give it to Daisy. She sits there with this huge long roll in her mouth and then she goes off to eat it... or so we thought. I recently cleaned my room and found, buried under a blanket I had folded in the corner, a long roll! Good thing it wasn't old or it wouldn't have been too pretty. When she was a puppy we used to find empty bread bags in her crate. She knew how to open our bread cabinet and would eat entire bags of hotdog rolls! Then she'd hide the evidence

The last one I will share shows how spoiled she is. Every night, she falls asleep downstairs and I carry her up, even though she weighs more than half of me! This started when she was a tiny puppy, but she doesn't let me quit. If she is not carried to bed, she will sit at the bottom of the stairs and howl until I give in and go get hre

Talk about hating water...

ButterScotch (cocker spaniel) HATED to take a bath. All you had to do was show her the shampoo bottle and she'd IMMEDIATELY roll over onto her back, put her four feet in the air, and give you THE LOOK.

Sara (boxer) absolutely LOVES water. She will play in the sprinkler until she is DRENCHED! She also has a piece of water hose that she carries around in her mouth--it makes her look like she is smoking a cigar.

My Golden Retriever, Lucky, likes it when I fill up his pool (Little Tykes) after work and when it's "ready" he tip toes in and circles and then lays down real gentle like and just lays there for about 20 seconds and soaks up all he can...like a sponge...and then gets up carefully and tip toes out and runs around the back yard like a crazy dog...shaking and rolling...with a big ole ear to ear grin......

I think the silliest thing that Herc does is use the couch as his giant personal napkin! Everytime he get a drink or when he is done eaten he walk over to the couch and walk up and down the length of it till all the "stuff" is off his face.

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

Graham has done this adorable, funny dance since I first got him 7 years ago and I have no idea how or why he started doing it but I enjoy it. I call it the "butt up dance". When someone comes into the house he gets so excited so he drops his front end onto the ground (his head and front legs) and his back legs are still standing up, then he spins in a circle using his back legs to steer him He will spin a few circles with his butt up and his front legs down until his back legs get closer and closer to the ground then he'll colapse, all while his stubble is going a zillion MPH

It's really unique and cute

Cassie has this habbit that at first we thought was funny, now it's a bit annyoing. Cassie is obsessed with smashing her face when she gets excited. She greets people by smashing her face into their legs. I had to teach her the command "Cassie, NO SMASHIE" because she was getting so obsessed with smashing her face into everyone and everything, that she developed what looked like bloody rug burns on either side of her face. She stumped every vet at the clinic where I took her as to why she does this.

Ritz is now 10 weeks old, and since he was 6 weeks old he has been humping his stuffies So funny to see this now little 2 pound puppy who does that. When we see Ritz doing that we always mention something about neutering.

Leslie...Your babies sound so cute and entertaining! I would love to see a video of Graham doing his little dance! Cassie sounds so precious! Every time you write about her my heart leaps. I would love to meet her and have her smash her little face into me! Just love those pugglies. Maybe some day...... I love the command "no smashies." Had me LOL!!! Poor little Ritz. He's feeling his oats a little early! Your post is so funny!

Well, the funniest thing my friend's dog ever did was to run off with whatever you were carrying! She would wait by the door and the next person who came through got their things swiped! Once my friend's Mum was carrying a bottle of perfume and the Lab ran off with it! Poor Lila smelled like Chanel for weeks and she hated the smell. She even consented to three baths, one a day, for three days just to get rid of the 'awful' smell!
    I think I own my dog, but it owns my heart and home

another funny thing is when my mother is making her bed after she cleaned her sheets and pillow cases Simba will sit out in the hallway by her door untill she is done and then when she puts the last pillow on he jumps up there and rolls and digs around like it is his bed.
    Sometimes we find Simba in bed al on the pillows and of course slobbering on my moms favorite pillow!
    ]{/-\'/ /-\/\/ /\/ &
    $[] []\/[] |3 /-\

Ricky has a few funny little quirks. After I bathe him, he runs around the house going in every room, turning around and running to another room until he is exhausted then he jumps on our bed and hides under one of the pillows with just his nose sticking out.
    When I am going to work, I am usually the last one to leave so I have to put Ricky in his little area. A small hall way near the kitchen with a baby gate. I put on the radio, open the window blinds and fix things up for him and he takes off running. I always find him "hiding under my bed" only he just puts his upper torso under the bed and his tail and hind legs are sticking out. It really looks funny.
    The funniest though I can not capture on a still picture. Everytime, I take him outside on his leash, Miss Lucy and he play in an empty field near our house. I have a long leash on him, I stand in the middle of the field and they just keep running in circles around me, every once in a while stopping to wrestle a little, kiss a bit and then back in forth again. My neighbors all come out to watch. We are the neighborhood entertainment every evening.

MHMama! I think Ricky is just "air drying" himself when he tears through the house like that! When I wash my car, I always drive it around the block to blow the water off! Maybe that's what he's doing too!! And he's happy, happy to be clean and free!

Bailey likes to try to get as many toys in her mouth as she can, she also likes to sleep on her back with her legs spred out.

My puppy falls aslepp under our couch, and won't come out. He gets very mad at pigs ears, He grows at them, barks at hem, and eventully chews them like crazy. He also tryes to climb trees, eat flowers, watches tv, swings on hair, and also he oves those BIG bouncy balls to play "fetch" with. I rolled the big ball away, and then he pushes it back to me with his nose. He also does with soccer balls.
    Grace and my best, friend, my k9 companion, Finny.

Come see the beautiful dog breed that I love! www.tollerweb.com

Well, since I don't have a dog, I guess my cousin's would count. Often she brings him over and I watch him while she's away at work.

Once I brought out my trumpet and wanted to see his reaction to the music. So I played a few long notes and he was so cute. He first ran around in circles excitedly, then starting howling along to it. Finally he got up the courage to leap up on the couch I was sitting on and attack the trumpet from my side. Then once I had taken him for a walk and started humming. He stopped turned around and looked at me curiously-- bounding up and down. It has to be something with music.

He's just a puppy and he's full of energy, as any is. When he get's all excited when he's playing, I'd toss a toy off further in the room and he'd zoom past me to go get it.

I love puppies.
    "Whoever said money can't buy happiness forgot about dogs."