Thread: The Chipmunk Chaser

The Chipmunk Chaser

Hubby got this picture yesterday as Bella was chasing a chipmunk. We have a hill alongside the house which I refer to as "chipmunk hill." They make their trips to the bird feeder and escape up the hill. Bella's predecessor, Ashley, successfully caught one in her mouth and brought it for us to see. I am wondering how long til Bella does this.

What a great picture. You should enter it in a photo contest!
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

How precious!!
    Sue
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

WOW, WHAT A PICTURE. BELLA AMONG THE DAY LILIES. BELLA WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR NAME? WHAT DOES IT MEAN? BEAUTIFUL? YOU ARE THAT! MY MOLLY G, ALSO, HAS THE HUNTING INSTINCT & SHE AND "RUNT" THE RISKY SQUIRREL GO ROUND AFTER ROUND. TRULLY I AM ON RUNTS SIDE AS MOLLY IS ONE WELL FED DOG, BUT RUNT HAS TO FIGHT OFF THE BIGGER SQUIRRELS FOR HIS FOOD. I'M HOPING YOU NEVER CATCH THAT CHIPMUNK, BELLA, BUT I KNOW TOO, IT'S YOUR JOG TO KEEP THE YARD CLEAR OF PESKY VARMINTS.
    YOU ARE JUST TOO MUCH HUNTRESS, BELLA!

Bella, that photo is just beautiful. I agree Pam, you should put that one in a photo contest, maybe send it to Dog Fancy, they publish photos every month. That's funny, I think most of the females are the hunters.
    Daisy goes through the bushes chasing lizards every chance she gets. I don't think she has caught one yet, at least I haven't seen one.

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: jackiesdaisy1935 ]

Chippies....where....where....chippies....didI hear someone say there were chippies around here? Ahhhrooooo.....

signed,
    Hannah

Beauty among the lilies and lilacs
    The huntress pauses, still for a moment
    Damp curl in front of one eye,
    And waits for her prey, the wily chipmonk,
    To reveal itself so she may toss that curl aside
    And resume the hunt, becoming beauty in motion again
    But for just a moment she is captured,
    Still, wild and lovely, for a moment
    Captured forever on film
    I've Been Frosted

That's great, Karen! And Pam, I think the others are right. That picture needs to be somewhere. At least framed and blown up in your home! Remind me what kind of camera you're using.
    Logan

What a great picture! Bella has the "I see something" face on. Daisy does that a lot! Ears up, eyes wide, body tensed... it's adorable. That picture really is great.

Thank you everyone!
    Iditarodfan...Bella was named by my husband. Interestingly there had been a post going at that time about a little toy poodle named Bella who had been attacked by two large dogs and was paralyzed. We had all become emotionally involved in that little Bella's triumphs and tragedy as she fought to come back from her injuries. Sadly she never did and is now at the Rainbow Bridge. I had told my husband about this little dog but never mentioned her name. When it came time to name our pup and he suggested Bella I was amazed. Bella means beautiful in Italian, I am told. To us proud "parents" she fits her name well.

Karen...Once again your skill at creating the perfect verse is so evident. Thank you so much for that. It does fit the scene so perfectly! My kitties wish they could hunt with her, but unfortunately they are inside cats and will have to be satisfied to watch the backyard hunting from the window.

Logan...Hubby just bought himself a new camera for Father's Day. It is some sort of Olympus. I will let you know model type, etc. as soon as I find out.

We have bought some photographic paper and printed out that photo as well as a few others. He is having a lot of fun with his new camera! If there is ever a shot of her with a "chippie" in her mouth I will be sure and post it! (The cats will be green with envy!)

Pam that picture is incredible. You really should consider submitting it to a photo contest. I bet you could even get it into Dog Fancy!

Karen, that poem is perfect. I read it and completely picture Bella doing her chippie hunt, makes for a very clear mental picture Very, very well done

Perfectly marvelous poem, Karen, and, Pam, the picture is wonderful. I think you should display the picture and poem together.

Don't tell Bella, but Hannah is slipping. Yesterday a chippie was about 4 feet away from her and she didn't even see it. It climbed a tree to escape. Tucker smelled the base of the tree, so he knew something was around, but Hannah, was oblivious.