View Poll Results: Are you coming to the Kelowna Meeting?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 46.15%
  • Maybe

7 53.85%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who's all coming...

yes, I would come straight to kelowna. lol my grad fee's are:

$20-cap and gown rental
    $90-grad fee
    $35-after-grad fee(x2)
    $120-banquet fee
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Oh, and I forgot to ask if anyone has any allergies.

Most of my money is going towards how I LOOK when I grad...LOL. I have to get my hair done, get a manicure, go to a tanning salon...Apparently I even need a pedicure. Not sure about someone touching my feet. I'm thinking about getting my makeup professionally done as well. Oh, and I'm renting a Hummer. LOL.
    I've been BOO'd!

OK, this is not fair. 8:25pm and I've not had dinner yet....all this food talk is making me hungry.

Yes, I can certainly bring up the sammie stuff like before.

I do have one concern though....my car will not hold...
    3 hoomans
    3 dogs
    dog crates
    1 large cooler of food

Wow, things were different when I "grajeeated". All I had to pay for was a dress and in the 70's it cost about $40 and that was it. Mind you, we didn't have the whole cap and gown thing.

Pizza...I love everything and have no allergies. Oh, you can leave off the anchovies please...

Jordan, it's unfair that you fork out all that money for food. We need to get together and plan the meals, although it sounds like you've got it under control. I'm not a big breakfast eater before 10am.....oh what was I thinking.....you guys don't get up before Noon. Also, I don't eat sweet stuff at all.

As the time gets closer, I'll call you Jordan and we can plan stuff.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

What if the crates are collapsible? Will they fit then? I know Ashley's is collapsible...But I don't think Shayna's are...

Don't worry, I won't pay for eeeeverything lol. Tasha and Jynnelle are coming shopping with me; I'm sure they can pitch in. I'm giving Tasha room and board, I command that she pitches in!!! LOL. Jk.

I'm not a big eater before 10am eater...But you're right, I probably won't even be awake then lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    I'm giving Tasha room and board, I command that she pitches in!!! LOL. Jk.
    I told you that I had no problem getting a hotel room....

j/k...I'll totally pitch in...

*Thanks Ashley*

Yep, I don't know for how long I'll be there, but I'll be there. I plan to pitch a tent in the campground which will house my three hounds and myself. With all this crate-talk and such (I will be unable to bring crates as all mine are the non-foldable ones), what are the rules for the dogs? I certainly don't want to have them locked in my car or the tent for long portions of the time there. Will they be able to be around the festivities at the campground? I am looking forward to it, it should be fun, and I look forward to meeting some PT'ers, just wanna know what the "rules" are!!
    Steve

Thanks Lexi_Lover

"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." -- Mark Twain

"Don't count the days. Make the days count." -- Muhammad Ali

Dogs are allowed to run around as long as they aren't causing trouble and everyone remembers to bring some poop bags. I mainly just want people to bring some sort of crate or something for assurance on my grandparents' parts...They still don't know how many dogs are coming...and they won't until the very day....LOL. Obviously dogs can't be running around free when everyone is asleep. Most people that camp there choose to tie their dogs outside the cabin. Dogs are allowed inside as long as they stay off the beds. But for the most part people just let their dogs loose and the dogs do whatever. We just have to remember to keep an eye on them, because it is in the forest, and we all know about the dangers of forests. And we have to respect that there will be four other people staying there (though they will only be there in the evening).

Because there are only four log-builders going, there will be extra cabins, so luckily not everyone will have to share a bed with someone LOL. But I would like us to squeeze in as much as possible so that we don't end up paying more..

That just made me think of something -- Steve, I'm not too sure how much it costs to have a tent there. I'm going to assume it's really cheap. I'll ask for you! But remember that there are going to be extra cabins if you want!
    I've been BOO'd!

no dogs on the bed? lol that could be a problem.... Happy is happy to sleep on the floor or crate, but Misty is a whole nuther story, she will litterlly scream all night if she is kenneled and she wont stay on the floor, if she is not stretched out beside me on a bed she will literally flip out. outside is not really an option either, she hates it outside if I am not with her and will bark and howl the whole time.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

I never really thought about this, but I don't see why it would be a problem if you brought your own blanket or had a blanket on the bed that she could lay on.

But we are going to tell my grandparents that the dogs will all be crated LOL.
    I've been BOO'd!

ok, in that case i'll bring my own blankie lol if I remeber kelowna in July the blankie shall be very light lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

Angry Maybe bad news....

Will let you know but....I think you all should dig up a Plan B in case I can't make it.

This past weekend I heard a rumour that we are to have a big family dinner on the Saturday night. You see, my brother and his family are moving to Calgary mid July and they want to have one final get together that weekend at my Mom's place.

It's not written in stone yet and I'll try to have the date moved. I'm seeing everyone this Sunday for Mother's Day and will talk about it then. I'd rather go to Kelowna but if this dinner is a go, I'll have no choice.

Will keep you posted.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

I really hope you can have the date moved if it is on that weekend! I would hate for you not to be able to come to the meeting.
    I've been BOO'd!

We talked about it today and I still don't know if I can make. It probably won't be until the beginning of June until I know. It depends on so many other scenerios with my brother and his family. There's just too many details to explain here.

I strongly recommend that Ashley and Tasha and Cali look at other options of travel just in case. You don't want to be scrambling at the last minute.

I promise, I will keep you in the loop.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Aww.. I really hope you can make it. I'd be so upset if you couldn't come.

Who would I sing Dixie Chicks with?!
    I've been BOO'd!

Awww.....I hope everything works out and that you can make it.

But I'm not relying on you to get there...I'm bringing myself...maybe you meant Amanda?

*Thanks Ashley*