Thread: Does your pet wake you up in the morning?

Does your pet wake you up in the morning?

My two are so different. Tucker wakes up early and will scratch his collar so the tags jingle. That is my cue to get up and let him out. Hannah is a late sleeper. She is the last one out of the bed. I used to drive myself crazy trying to get her up to go out with the early riser. Once I got her out of the bed, she didn't want to go outside and I'd have to chase her around the house before I could get her to the door. We have now reconciled ourselves to her preferences. The rest of us get up and go about our business. Sooner or later she appears. By this time my husband is already having his breaksfast and he generally saves some of the toast crusts for the dogs. I tell the late riser, "First you go out, go potty, then you can come in and have your 'toastes'". Works like a charm!

My dogs know better than trying to wake me up. epecially on the weekends. So they wait intill I get up.

It dawned on me the other day, after all this time, that Cody gets up when my alarm rings! I get up really early and the second my feet hit the ground, he's up 99% of the time. On weekends if I sleep late, he never budges. If I set the alarm to get up, he gets up! If I can only train him to shut the alarm off so I can sleep and blame it on the dog! In my dog loving office, they'd believe it! I just love hearing about their habits!!!! Rachel. I do the same thing! "Go poop and I'll give you a cookie!" Yeah! Food works!

Hey Karen, i saw on Animal PLanet a dog that did learn how to shut off the alarm clock. it was so funny. all you see is this lady sleeping and the alarm goes off. suddenly a poodle or bechon (can't remeber)jumps out from under the blanket run and slams his paw on the clock and run back under the blanket and goes back to sleep

Hi there Karen! I usually do "Cat Posts" and had posted this on there previously, so you might have not seen it. My cat, Andy, one day walked on top of the clock radio and it switched on, with a loud voice coming out right underneath him!!! He tore out of the room like a streak of lightning! Don't think he could ever be taught to get near that thing again, either to shut it off or turn it on!! I am sure this would be a job for a dog!

Hey Karen,

My puppies sleep in their crates in our room, when they have to go potty, they always start whining. Now alot of times I hear them up, but they don't make a vocal sounds, I can just hear them playing in there crates and I wake up. I don't have to use an alarm clock, and if I'm not ready to get out of bed I simply set up then look at them and firmly say, "NO!" and they either go back to sleep or play quietly. Don't worry I usually know when they have to go potty so I never make them hold it.

------------------
    Best Regards ~