Thread: Eek...It happened again! :(

1. Eek...It happened again! :(

For those of you who have seen my previous thread. About my friend cutting herself and me being worried and all then it got better because I tattled! Ugh, I still feel horrible about that!

Ok, well, she did it again! I am so depressed, now I don't think anything will happen if I say anything, so what do I do? I have been crying and crying! Its so hard on me, other things have been going on in my world lately too! Heres just to name......a few!

#1-People have been teasing and making fun of me, in front and behind my back. It hurts to hear it, and I take it personally.

#2-The Pope's death has also brought down a lot of pain on me, as I am VERY religious and feel that we lost a wonderful ray of sunshine.

#3-Everything like homework and school has been stacked on top of me, I feel like everything is just coming down on me and I can't hold it.

#4-I'm moving now, when my parents said that this would be our last home! And also something else is going to happen when I move.

And somethign else that I don't want to share, but I wanted to thank Kara, because what you did, meant SO much to me! Thank you!

Anyways, back to topic of my friend, what can I do to help her now?

Talk to the same teacher, tell her it has happened again, stress that the friend needs more help.

3. I don't really want to do that...she'll just think I'm being a baby and that I can't handle my own situations.

No, she won't. She'll think you are being a responsible, caring friend. Many adults don;t know how to handle a kid cutting him or herself, so you shouldn;t be expected to be able to handle it on your own. Have you talked to your friend about why she does it?

5. Yes, she told me that it helps her take away the pain, emotional pain. I don't know what that means.

I think I'll just leave it be...

Paula, have you tried giving her another outlet for her pain? A lot of people take great comfort in writing or drawing as a way to relieve stress and emotional pain.

Maybe she should start a web blog or something like that.

7. She isn't really that type of person...

8. Originally posted by Karen
    No, she won't. She'll think you are being a responsible, caring friend. Many adults don;t know how to handle a kid cutting him or herself, so you shouldn;t be expected to be able to handle it on your own.
    Actually, she isn't really that type of person. Uck....like is hard!

oh Paula, I'm so sorry! I have a lot of the same stuff happening to me too...all this with the pope's death is SO hard, as I am pretty religious too. As for being made fun of, just remember I'm on your side, and don't let people get you down...you're a wonderful person!!! School...well, I've been struggling there too, and since our whole family has gotten sick over the past two days, I hate getting behind! Ugh, and this stuff is awful...cold, cough...I even slept for 3 hours today and woke up feeling just as crappy! I think the best thing for your friend right now is prayers...don't give up on her, and if she won't listen to you, you know you have tried! If you want to talk to me more, just PM sometime...again, I'm really sorry about all this!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

You've got to tell someone, a counselor or something. My brother used to cut himself...I live with him and didn't know it. But you know what? His friends noticed and they talked to people and got him help. And he doesn't hate them for it. She needs your help, you've got to do it.
    Shadow & Gus (the kitties), Blink (the gecko), Draco, Satine, Damon, & Outback (the fishies) ~I'll be there for you - 'cause you're there for me too~

Be at peace, Erin, I will miss you and remember your sweet face always...

Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
    Yes, she told me that it helps her take away the pain, emotional pain. I don't know what that means.

I think I'll just leave it be...
    NO

you can't just 'leave it be'

I'd rather keep getting a friend help and have her mad at me and GET her help than find out one day that she went too far!!f~!!! Your friend WILL think you are caring for her, maybe not NOW when she's doing this and feeling this way, but when she's better she WILL thank you for it!

DON'T LEAVE IT BE!

please don't.

She NEEDS to talk to someone, and NEEDS help... she's crying out for help by cutting herself...

Tell the same person you told that she still needs help, if you don't think that person will help her talk to another person (guidance counselor, or another one, or, since you are religious, talk to you spiritual leader, someone!)

Reading your thread and what else you are going through besides your friend, YOU need to talk to someone too, not just PTers but a guidance counselor or someone... the world doesn't rest on your shoulders hon...

**hugs** take care, k?

Talk to someone Paula. Your friend needs help and you will feel worse for putting it in the too hard basket. Draw on your strength, knowing you are a good soul.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Oggyflute has calmly and wisely told you exactly what to do.

He is absolutely correct. First, you cannot carry this alone.......and she absolutely needs help.

You ARE a good person and you will do the right thing.

We are all here for you too!

You wouldn't be a friend if you didn't help.
    Self mutilation is a cry for attention. She needs you badly, even if she denies it. Everybody needs somebody. Maybe this is a way of making yourself feel better too.
    Trust me, I know, that school and tests and homework and moving, all at one time, sucks and is putting you on emotional overload. It's a huge burden to bear. But you have to try to handle one thing at a time, one day at a time. I'm in the process of doing that now. You'd think at my age it would get easier or better, but it doesn't. But you can do it and you will do it and you'll be just fine. And that huge, ugly black cloud will disappear. {hugs}

I've been Boooo'd!

She does need help and if she cannot get it from her school, she needs to get it somewhere else.

Just because you don't think she's "not that type of person" to keep a journal, doesn't mean it wont help her. Maybe you should/could suggest it?

Cutting/self-mutilation is a cry for help. She's telling you because last time you helped her. Maybe that's why she's doing it again.

You do have your own problems. I think you're very kind to worry for your friend.

I hope things get better for you both.

Hugs,
    Kelly

...RIP, our sweet Gini...