Thread: Bunny people?

Bunny people?

I'm just wondering how long your rabbits spend in their cages on most days?

I wish she could be out all the time, but *sigh*, there is too much for her to get into. She is out whenever I'm home to keep an eye on her. But she has a big cage with plenty of toys... very spoiled
    Shadow & Gus (the kitties), Blink (the gecko), Draco, Satine, Damon, & Outback (the fishies) ~I'll be there for you - 'cause you're there for me too~

Be at peace, Erin, I will miss you and remember your sweet face always...

my bunnies are only ever in their cage's when im at work, the rest of the time the are out.

Do you have your whole house/apartment bunny-proofed? Thelmer gets into everything, and it's so hard to keep up with her sometimes.

see my post for daisyluvr and anyone else, youll see their cage, i would luv for them to be out all time, but i have a baby takes my time. roby is very destructive, but i do let them OUTSIDE sometimes. so, they are in cage most of time, but its big.

My rabbits cage is very large, so keeping them cooped up inside is not as "neglectful" as it would be if it was a small cage. When they come out they have free roam of the kitchen and hallways (close all bedroom doors)- they are litter trained so I do not have to worry about them going to the bathroom (if they do, oh well)- but not all the rooms are bunny proof. Lately, they haven't be out much, which makes me a little mad- I have been very busy. They were outside the past two days enjoying the nice 70 degree weather- they LOVED that. They would be out right now but it is storming out. I cannot wait until summer, it will be my first summer with them, and I will have TONS of time to play with them.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I was wondering how Thelmer was doing! So glad to see your post.

I am "down" to 9 rabbits and I've made myself (yeah, right!) a promise not to take on anymore and get to a reasonable number..... Don't take any bets that that will EVER happen...I see a sad pair of brown eyes and the next thing I know I have another rabbit!!!!!!

I only really cage 2 of my bunnies and that's only when I have to leave the house. Mon-Fri I'm gone about 9 hours. Unfortunately they want to be the only bunnies I have and therefore do not get along with the others. To get around this I moved them to the living room and I tried leaving them out until they damaged a table, chewed thru an electric cord that was supposedly out of their reach, and made lovely holes in the cording of the sofa cushions.

Four bunnies share the 2nd floor, but then Marie got jealous so I had to divide my bedroom in half...I use those crate panels for that and they work very well. The other three first floor bunnies have a 2 floor cage and a puppy pen that extends their area to 5 ft x 6 ft so all have a good amount of room.

In an ideal world I would have a MUCH bigger place ( so I could have many more bunnies!) and they could have their own rooms with a sunporch and access to a yard (only when I am home)....... I need to win the lottery!
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

Hi Daisy lover. It's nice to see you. I was hoping you were still around since you've helped us with Thelmer so much in the past. it's good to know we've still got an ally in the war with the bunny.

I'd love to be able to let "T" run around all day, but the I'm still afraid of her. I've been bitten too many times to trust her running around me and my feet! The dogs are skiddish around her, too.

I wish I knew how to make her more friendly.

bunny spends all day on the terrace and in the kitchen and only goes in his cage at night, but as soon as i stand up in the morning he demands to be let out. even if i stand up to use the toilet in the night, he thinks it morning and starts kicking until i let him out.

my house is not really bunny proofed because the only place where he spends time is in the kitchen. i have three dogs and a cat, so i don't usually let them roam loose together unless i am really watching.

10. They are so cute! wish i could have one. but i think 1 dog and
    3 cats is enough furred ones for me at the moment.