Thread: Random "Dentist visit" Question

Random "Dentist visit" Question

Just curious - do other people have to take a nap after having novacaine? I have noticed that the last couple times, even if I have it done in the middle of the day, I need a nap afterwards, I get very sleepy.

I don't have novacaine that often, just once every few years if that, and I used to always schedule my appointments for early in the morning, so I chalked it up to that. But today I had a filling done at noontime - hardly "too early" and still needed my nap!

Just wondering if others react the same way.

hhmmm...can't say that I've had that one Karen. I had a root canal done one morning...and was at work that afternoon (Not by choice )

Enjoy the naptime anyway! It's a great excuse to get some shut-eye!
    ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

Karen, I need a nap EVERYDAY!!! I've heard that in Spain, they shut down for the afternoon and everyone goes home to take a siesta! Tha sounds good to me!!
    WAY overdue for a dentist appointment so I can't comment on the novacaine issue...I want to stay in bed entirely when I have a dentist's appointment!

I feel sleepy after having dental work done, too. I always thought it was because the visit is stressful and I'm coming down from the whole experience.

Originally posted by PJ's Mom
    I feel sleepy after having dental work done, too. I always thought it was because the visit is stressful and I'm coming down from the whole experience.
    Hee hee - my dentists and his assistant are not only nice, I'm not generally afrai of going to the dentist, just never have been. It's not on my list of favorite things to do, but I don't get at all nervous beforehand, so it can't be that!

When I got there today, the dentist's smock was covered with kitty cat cartoons, and his assistant had dog and cat drawings on her smock, so I asked if that was in my honor! He admitted he pays no attention to which one he puts on, but she is a dog person, who used to visit the sites (DogoftheDay.com particularly) every day until her computer died.

I HATE the dentist with a passion. I get very stressed out. I would never go if they didn't call and remind me of the appointment I made the LAST time I was in. -sigh- I'm always tired, so I don't know if I get more tired from there..

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I always just lay down and take a nap until the numbness wears off.. I HATE that numbness but thatnk GOD they have it!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I ALWAYS get novicaine when I go to the dentist. I'm a big sissy. I think the reason I'm always tired when I get out of the dentist is because I go in there all stressed out to begin with!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!