Thread: Big Barking Problem!

Big Barking Problem!

Hi everyone, thanks in advane for reading this post.
    I have a 3 year old German Shorthair Pointer, and I adore so very much. Here is the problem: We put new windows in the house and she goes nuts at the the other little creatures outside so she scatches up the windows when we are gone(she is not caged or crated)So we put her in the basement, and she barks from the minute we leave until we get home. The police have come 2 times now, it is so bad. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this? Thanks so much
    Chrissy

There are a lot of different kind of collars that you can buy for this problem. My neighbor got the shock collar.(it doesn't really hurt it more scares them) It worked really well. And after getting zapped a few times she didn't even have to turn it on.All she had to do was leave it on the dog.
    There also is the citrus collar. Everytime your dog barks it sprays citrus and usally the dog doesn't like the smell so they stop barking.
    Hope this helps

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

Hi, Chrissy ~ Welcome to Pet Talk!

Take a peek at our long-running Cinder & Smoke Tails, starting at May 11. We tell about Cinder Dawg's adventures wiffa No*Bark collar thingy that werkz purdy good on the Moufy Wun. Here's the link:
    Cinder & Smoke Tails, page 6 (start at May 11)

Dad's reely impressed wiff the way it works an keeps Moufy Cinder quiet when she's wearing it. And the company was very helpful after us two NawTeeDawgs used the collar as a tug-a-war toy wun day when Dad furgots to put it inna glovebox. Seem we chomped up the liddel shock-box an busted the collar buckle thingy. Dad called the company an they said for 20 bucks they'd send a completely new collar an Zap!-box; jest send the dawg-damaged wun back wiffa check. Cinders had her replacement collar back inna week. Dad's careful not to leave the Zapper! layin round ennie more!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

I would suggest putting her in a doggy daycare center when you go out on vacations. If you are just going somewhere fast and will be back in less then an hour, I would recommend a muzzle for her. Just make sure that she doesn't wear it to long! That might help with the barking problem. To help with the window sratching problem I would suggest putting her into a cage when you go out somewhere. Make sure that the cage has enough room for her to sit, stand, lay, stretch, and turn around!
    COCKERLOVER25

Have you tried leaving the curtains or blinds closed?

Hi all thanks so much for all of the advice.
    I am going to use the ideas.
    Yes, I have tried closing the curtains, and she is so nosy she moves them aside and still looks out the window!
    I hope you all enjoy your weekend!
    Thanks again
    Chrissy