Thread: Is kitten food ok for an older cat.....

Is kitten food ok for an older cat.....

My old fella Ash has become a little fussy lately, he is not unwell, so I decided to buy him some kitten food satchets, whiskas, I got the chicken tender pieces, he seemed to love them, I thought this would be easy on his tummy and teeth, he is due for a big teeth clean this month.

My question is it ok for him to have these for a short time,? it will not be a permanent thing, just a change for him to wet his appetite , again he has just become fed up of his usual food that I am 100 per cent sure of, he goes through periods like this quite often.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Kitten food would be fine for any cat that is not over weight (or in danger of becomeing over weight).

If you do give it to him, it will probably only be for a short time . . . I'd say that you will see him gain some weight on it.

When we got Brodie, Josie was eating kitten food and she gained several pounds

Kitten food has a lot more calories . . . you'll most definitely see an increase in his weight . . . but if that's not a problem, I'd give it a try!

Anything to get a finicky cat to eat!!!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

I used to feed Mimi kitten food a lot because she was always so thin. I didn't even notice her gaining any weight on it, actually, but she really loved it.

When Smokey came,to the Found Cat Hotel,the poor Gray Cat,was emaciated,so the Vet,recommmended kitten Food,for the Old Fellow.He was thought,to have,only a fewcmore months,of life,but he fooled eveyrone,and lived another six,and a half years,and was a very,very nice Cat.If he was an actor,he would have been Hank Patterson,Mr Ziffel,of Green Acres.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get 'em to eat!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Actually certain kitten foods work with overweight/diabetic cats also. They have to be ground wet food. It has to have a higher protein content. If you look at the crude analysis of most kitten food it has the same protein content as adult food just more fat and calories. However, if you get the protein content up around 13-14 percent then it is the Atkins diet for cats and is often used to control diabetes.

Denyce

Allen LOVES the stuff and became VERY fat VERY quickly on it. They must put kitty drugs in it to make it so addictive. I would think its ok so long as you watch his weight it should be fine. Perhaps mixing kitten food in with his food to help him eat more of his regualr food?

Ok thanks everyone, I think it will only be for a very short time like this week only, as Ash does not need to gain any weight, he is a rather biggish boy, lucky that you told me that, I would not have given that part a thought, I just assumed it was full of good nutrients so it would do him no harm, I am only giving him one kitten whiskas satchet a day, along with some biscuits, so hopefully he won't pack on the pounds in one week.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️