Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new dog, and I need help with the name

A new dog, and I need help with the name

We went up to Melbourne last weekend and brought home a 9.5 pound chocolate poodle.

We adopted him from a Florida poodle rescue organization.

He's about a year old (according to the vet) and has a few small issues, being a rescue dog, but I'm sure he's gonna grow out of them once he's settled in. He also has a luxated patella (stage 2 or 3, vet is not sure of the severity), and will need an operation. Right now, his back leg is totally out of alignment and he limps and skips when he runs, and is unable to jump up on almost anything, poor little guy

I absolutely adore him, and the feeling is mutual. He follows me around like I'm the queen of the universe (did I mention he's very smart?) The problem is that between the SO, my mother, my officemate and myself, we can't come up with a name we all agree on. I know, I know, its too many people, but there has to be something we can all agree on.

So can ya'll help me with some suggestions?

Here are some more pics...sorry about the yellow eyes.

honor

Greta & Cassius

Cocoa
    Cocoa Bean (Beanie)
    Truffles
    Caramel
    Choc

Curly
    Notes from the head Beagles! ;-)

he's gorgeous! I LOVE chocolate poodles... my favorite color ! you are so awesome for rescuing him!! I'm bad at names, but I'll try

Bosco
    Scooter (because of his injury )
    Rascal
    Lucky
    Choco
    Coco Puff (Puffy! LOL)

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I like Truffles. It works with his color, and isn't too feminine.

OH WHAT A CUTIE! TAKE CARE OF HIM! HE LOOKS SO SWEET!

1. MANNY
    2. RUSTY
    3. PEANUT

He is adorable! I'm very happy for you. When I first saw him I thought Cocoa would be a good name. Then I thought it was to girlie for him. Now I'm thinking Hershey or Charlie. I don't know why Charlie it just popped in my head and I thought it was cute. Best of luck picking a name and we look forward to seeing many more pics of him. I hope he will be able to have that knee surgery. Katie had that problem and she had hers fixed and it is great now.

Robin

I like Bosco or Rocher.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

He's sooooooo cute!!!!

Snickers
    Hershey
    Cadbury
    Doodle

Originally posted by RobiLee
    Now I'm thinking Hershey or Charlie. I don't know why Charlie it just popped in my head and I thought it was cute. Best of luck picking a name and we look forward to seeing many more pics of him. I hope he will be able to have that knee surgery. Katie had that problem and she had hers fixed and it is great now.
    Maybe you're thinking of Charlie from Willy Wonka? The chocolate all ties in, ya know :-)

So far, the officemate and I have agreed on

Chip
    Curly
    Leo (named for Leonidas, a type of Belgian chocolate)

I like Charlie. We'll see if anyone else will agree. We still have to run all of them by the SO and mom <eye roll>

He's definitely getting the knee surgery. It makes me grimace every time I see him hop around, trying to run. The vet put him on Rimadyl right now, and it seems to be helping a little.
    honor

Greta & Cassius

He's darling! Congratulations!

Hashbrown
    Vern
    Garbo
    Moss
    Guy (Guylian, a Belgian Chocolate)
    Toby (Toblerone)

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I like Truffles but I think it's kind of "girly". I like Charlie too. What about Ghiradeli? Heeheehee. You can call him Gerry for short. Let us know what you end up calling him. And take more pictures. He's awfully adorable.

I like Hershey and Shotsie.

----<---<--<{(@

He is beautiful , may I suggest Chico, or Milo, or Ritchie, or Tyson, or Samuel.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

He is adorable!

I also love the name Charlie, I think it would totally suit him! Toby would also be very cute.

What about Teddy?