It's so weird how good things seem to grow old so fast and so quickly.
Yet it seems like it took eternity to get there.

We got Kiara July 15th of 2004. I'm really not sure how, or why, or WHAT my dad was thinking. We hadn't really talked about getting another dog.. although the thought was always clear on my mind. Three dogs was and is perfect for me.

We were at the Humane Society visiting with the dogs again. We were in the very last kennel area, my dad was walking in front of me. He said "Uh oh" as he spotted a 15 week old Rottie mix baby, named Emily. We of course stopped and petted and talked with her.

Her papers said she was scared and skiddish of new people. NEVER did she act that way towards us. Any other person who walked by she would bark and run from. After sitting there with her for a while, the whole time chewing at my father and I's fingers.. I finally handed over to my dad a large amount of money which payed for basically her whole adoption fee.
We thought about it and thought about it and finally we went to the office to bring her home.

I swear. Though at times she can be a brat she's got to be th best puppy i've ever met. She's been so obediant and willing to please me ever since we got her. She learns so quickly and is just happy to be anywhere with me. She's like my little shadow and it feels weird if she isn't there following behind me. Everytime I step out of a room she's there behind me.
I remember when we first brought her home whenever i'd leave the room i'd ask my parents to watch her (she'd be sleeping or playing with a toy and I wouldn't want to disturb her) - They'd say okay and i'd carry on with what I was doing. I expected them to watch her, and they did.. they watched her as she followed me. EVERY time. No matter how much fun she was having or how dead asleep. It was like a radar went off in her mind if she was too far from me.

I have tears in my eyes typing this as I know it's only the start of many wonderful years. She's grown to be so beautiful and she's taught me so much in these months we've had her.
Although still very scared and skiddish of people at first, she has grown to be more brave. She'll go so far from me at the park and will be your best friend if you throw her a ball.

That girl will do anything for a ball, and anything for me.
As I type this now she's laying with her big sister Nala in their dog bed. Although Nala doesn't like to share her food with Kiara you can tell they love eachother. My big boy Simba, although he'll never want to admit it, loves her to pieces. He just melts over when Kiara comes and plays her submissive puppy act with him and kisses her all over the face. You can tell that she really respects him.

I really can't tell you enough how much my girl loves her balls. Tennis balls, hand balls, balls with bells, she's obsessed. I can tell she really feels lost without a ball.
Since day one.

My girl's newest favorite thing to do is fetch her ball in our new pool. She will go forever and forever.

My mom has this picture printed out and in her station at work. She's had it there since i've taken it months ago.

They always say that they never wanted dogs... but now we somehow have three wonderful dogs that not one of us could live without.

Continued...