Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Lil Girl..

Happy Birthday Lil Girl..

It's so weird how good things seem to grow old so fast and so quickly.
    Yet it seems like it took eternity to get there.

We got Kiara July 15th of 2004. I'm really not sure how, or why, or WHAT my dad was thinking. We hadn't really talked about getting another dog.. although the thought was always clear on my mind. Three dogs was and is perfect for me.

We were at the Humane Society visiting with the dogs again. We were in the very last kennel area, my dad was walking in front of me. He said "Uh oh" as he spotted a 15 week old Rottie mix baby, named Emily. We of course stopped and petted and talked with her.

Her papers said she was scared and skiddish of new people. NEVER did she act that way towards us. Any other person who walked by she would bark and run from. After sitting there with her for a while, the whole time chewing at my father and I's fingers.. I finally handed over to my dad a large amount of money which payed for basically her whole adoption fee.
    We thought about it and thought about it and finally we went to the office to bring her home.

I swear. Though at times she can be a brat she's got to be th best puppy i've ever met. She's been so obediant and willing to please me ever since we got her. She learns so quickly and is just happy to be anywhere with me. She's like my little shadow and it feels weird if she isn't there following behind me. Everytime I step out of a room she's there behind me.
    I remember when we first brought her home whenever i'd leave the room i'd ask my parents to watch her (she'd be sleeping or playing with a toy and I wouldn't want to disturb her) - They'd say okay and i'd carry on with what I was doing. I expected them to watch her, and they did.. they watched her as she followed me. EVERY time. No matter how much fun she was having or how dead asleep. It was like a radar went off in her mind if she was too far from me.

I have tears in my eyes typing this as I know it's only the start of many wonderful years. She's grown to be so beautiful and she's taught me so much in these months we've had her.
    Although still very scared and skiddish of people at first, she has grown to be more brave. She'll go so far from me at the park and will be your best friend if you throw her a ball.

That girl will do anything for a ball, and anything for me.
    As I type this now she's laying with her big sister Nala in their dog bed. Although Nala doesn't like to share her food with Kiara you can tell they love eachother. My big boy Simba, although he'll never want to admit it, loves her to pieces. He just melts over when Kiara comes and plays her submissive puppy act with him and kisses her all over the face. You can tell that she really respects him.

I really can't tell you enough how much my girl loves her balls. Tennis balls, hand balls, balls with bells, she's obsessed. I can tell she really feels lost without a ball.
    Since day one.

My girl's newest favorite thing to do is fetch her ball in our new pool. She will go forever and forever.

My mom has this picture printed out and in her station at work. She's had it there since i've taken it months ago.

They always say that they never wanted dogs... but now we somehow have three wonderful dogs that not one of us could live without.

Continued...

I seriously think she's just one gorgeous dog, All around. Her bright markings, her eyes, her little paws, those floppy ears, her tight little tummy, the huge muscles, everything.. She's just gorgeous. I know i'm probably way too biased.

Tomorrow we celebrate her birthday. We made tomorrow her birthday in honor of my grandmother's passing. Although I never met her, my grandmother was a wonderful and gorgeous lady. Kiara will be a year old.
    I always ask myself, sometimes in tears, why someone would have left her on that road by herself. WHY did they get rid of her? And if they didn't mean to, why didn't they look harder? I feel so bad for her and I wonder if she ever remembers being left... and if she does what a horrible feeling it must be. Why do people do such things?
    Whatever the reasonings are.. I thank them. If it weren't for people like them i'd never have such joy as I do with her and boy are they missing out.

In all honesty.. if I could sum all three of my muttlies into one word.. In my opinion, perfection. I don't care what anyone else wants to think or say.
    They are perfect to me. Kiara is perfect to me, even up to the point where she barks her head off at strangers.

I couldn't ask for a better puppy, a better dog, or a better best friend. I can't say enough how sweet and cute she is.. and SERIOUSLY how much she loves balls.

Happy Birthday Lil Ki...

And to many years to come..
    Last edited by Kfamr; 04-01-2005 at 03:13 AM.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

What beautiful pictures. Kiara is truly a wonderful pup, as are Nala and Simba. Thankyou for sharing such a wonderful story, and Happy Birthday Kiara, may you have many more.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Happy Birthday Kiara! I hope you have a great day! You are such a sweetheart!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

What a lovely birthday tribute to a very special girl. You are indeed a very pretty little girl, with your beautiful markings and adorable ears. Kiara you are a very loved and loving little girl, and Ginger and I hope you have a very very special birthday with lots of kisses, treats and presents.

As always Kay, the pictures of your dogs are just great. I don't know how you get your dogs to cooperate in some of those pictures, but I always enjoy looking at them..

Happy Happy Birthday

What a wonderful tribute to your wonderful girl, and beautiful pictures. The reason she was abdoned was for you and her to be united and to share your love for one another. Joann

Awwwww She has grown so much Those are wonderful photos Kay, and it was so nice to read Kiara´s story

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIARA!

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Kay, that was wonderful! What a wonderful story of Kiara!!! Your pictures are beautiful . Kiara is a beautiful girl and I'm so very happy the two of you discovered each other. I believe that the dogs pick the humans and Kiara certainly picked a great one and a great family!!
    Happy Birthday to her!!!

That picture of the three of them piled up is classic!! I think that picture could win contests and should be on the cover of magazines and calendars!! You are such a good photographer...

Happy Birthday Girl!

She is sooo beautiful, i love her to pieces!
    She looks so much like my lilttle girl we used to have (Cleo) she was a Rott mix and i sware they could be identical, and from the way you describe her pesonality she acts just like her!

Anyway you have one sweet girl who loves you very much , and you will have many many years together!!!

Originally posted by Kfamr

I always ask myself, sometimes in tears, why someone would have left her on that road by herself. WHY did they get rid of her? And if they didn't mean to, why didn't they look harder? I feel so bad for her and I wonder if she ever remembers being left... and if she does what a horrible feeling it must be. Why do people do such things?
    Whatever the reasonings are.. I thank them. If it weren't for people like them i'd never have such joy as I do with her and boy are they missing out.
    Kay, I think the same exact thing about Samantha. Everything you said, I wonder the same thing. How could they have just dumped her? If she ran away or got loose, why didn't they look harder? Does she remember? And everytime, I come to the same conclusion as you. I end up thanking them for giving me one of the best things that ever happened in my life. Sounds like you and I are a lot alike.

Your birthday tribute to Kiara was lovely. I know she knows how much you love her and you've got to know how thankful she is for you and your parents, and even Nala and Simba. I wish nothing but many, many, MANY happy, healthy years together for you and all of your muttlies.

Happy first birthday, Kiara!!
    Last edited by Samantha Puppy; 04-01-2005 at 08:05 AM.

Happy Birthday Kiara! See you tomorrow for your celebration. Kay, do you still have those party hats? We must get everyone to wear them if you do.

K now I'll always love you
    I n my heart you'll always be
    A nything I would do for you
    R are is what you are to me
    A biding throughout our lives

Hope you like that.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Happy Birthday Kiara!!

Kay, the way I think about those stupid people that no longer wanted the dogs that we have now... two words.

THEIR LOSS!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

What a wonderful story about beautiful Kiara!! There isn't a dry eye in this house right now. We wish you a wonderful birthday sweetheart and thanks Mom for sharing this heartwarming tribute to your perfect little girl. We don't know Kiara personally but we have fallen in love with her. Those pictures are fabulous!! Happiness always!!!

Terry, Daisy and Delilah

What a beautiful tribute, written and photo, to a very special pup Kay, your photos are the best! What a happy, much loved girl she is! She sure is loving that pool Kiara, you're such a beautiful girl, inside and out! Happy Birthday Kiara! I know your birthday bash will be a very special one, for sure Lots of hugs and kisses to you Kiara!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks for putting me in tears (I'm not being mean) WOW that was great!!! Your dogs are Beautiful!

Happy Birthday!!!
    Notes from the head Beagles! ;-)