Thread: Revolution for cats?

Revolution for cats?

I'm thinking about switching to revolution this year (up until now I've always used advantage & no heartworm prevention).

I was just wondering how many people use it & if you are happy with it?
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

My one and only experience with it was bad but from what I've heard that is rare. When we first got Scout I took her to the vet for a checkup. She had some earmites and a few fleas so the vet decided to give her one dose of Revolution to treat it all. The vet tech applied it pretty much to just one big spot on her back, she didn't spread it out with smaller drops. About a week later Scout's fur fell out at the spot she was treated and she had bumps on her skin. I took her back to the vet and the thought Ringworm so they did a culture. It came back negative for Ringworm but by that time her skin looked very burned. After $100+ in vet bills we all finally decided that it was the Revolution that did it. I'll never use it again on any of my pets but the vet swears that this is the first time that has ever happened that they know of.

Sometimes I feel like I'm always the exception to any case.

From Decker with Love

I don't know much about Revolution, but my vet swears by the Program. And so far I've never had any problem with it. It's a shot that lasts for 6 months, and - in the words of the vet - it's flea birth control. Cat gets shot. Flea bites cat. Flea is sterilized. If fleas are already a problem, I wouldn't recommend it, because it doesn't really kill them. It just fixes it so that the population dies out due to not being able to lay eggs.

I've used it on about 20 cats at various times and never had a bad reaction.

The one time I had a bad reaction was with BioSpot. The cat was acting like he was having seizures, trying to rub the back of his neck on the floor, and mrowing horribly. I managed to wash most of it off with a wet cloth and he was fine. Never put anything on that particular cat again.

I also use Revolution on my dogs, different formula however.

Mary

I've used it on my kitties with no problems. They are indoor cats and when they had a minor flea episode, I used revolutions right away and haven't noticed fleas on them since.
    And I think its the only option, or one of few, for heartworm prevention that isn't oral. So if you have a cat that won't eat treats, like my Gus, revolutions is great.
    Shadow & Gus (the kitties), Blink (the gecko), Draco, Satine, Damon, & Outback (the fishies) ~I'll be there for you - 'cause you're there for me too~

Be at peace, Erin, I will miss you and remember your sweet face always...

I think the rescue uses it on all their kitties. Jen, can you confirm that? If so, Pouncer, Abby and Harry have all had it, along with all my fosters. It is supposed to get any kind of creepy crawly and keep them from coming.If I had indoor/outdoor cats I'd probably be using it reguarly. As it stands, I might only apply it once a season at the worst flea time.

I swear by the stuff!! Not only does it kill fleas and flea eggs, but it also kills earmites. It's the only thing I use when I take in a foster cat.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

We use Revolution on the boys, since they go outdoors. Have had no problems at all - no fleas, roundworms or earmites either.

We use Frontline on the girls. They are inside only, but do go out on the enclosed porch, and the occasional flea might show up there.

Revolution,and the Ova Collars,work,well,with the Found Cats,although,I have stopped using,the Collars,as the Cats,kept losing them,and at 20 Dollars,a collar,that gets,to be expensive!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Can I make a suggestion that since you have the cats on Advantage, that you switch to Avantage Plus, it is new on the market in NZ, and it does the same as Revolution, I am considering changing my kitties depending on the cost, I feel at least it is the same Brand it might not have any side effects, worth a try., remember you still have to worm them with Drontal for threadworms I think it is, as neither Revolution or Advantage plus do that.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole
    Can I make a suggestion that since you have the cats on Advantage, that you switch to Avantage Plus, it is new on the market in NZ, and it does the same as Revolution, I am considering changing my kitties depending on the cost, I feel at least it is the same Brand it might not have any side effects, worth a try., remember you still have to worm them with Drontal for threadworms I think it is, as neither Revolution or Advantage plus do that.
    The main reason I want to switch is because revolution protects agains heartworm & earmites too.

The mosquitos are VERY bad at my house and the stray cats are bad too, which some are starting to get ear mites.

And I don't think it is available here yet, my vet does not have it & I can't find any info on it at all on the net.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I could not find any info on the net either, but it is readily available here in NZ, they even advertise it on our TV, I am not certain about the heartworm, but I would imagine it is the same as Revolution, but if you cannot even get it over there, not much point, I just thought the ingredients might be similar to the advantage you are using already, as I see Revolution is a different chemical all-together.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Both of my cats have just been put on it and it's killed their earmites after one dose. So far, no negative reaction to it.

14. Ive used it on my kitties without a problem for earmites. stuff really works wonders!

also my friends Boston Terrier had 'walking dandrift' and got Revoution for dogs to cure it. worked good for her too

Sorry I got the name wrong it is called Avantage Multi, just saw the advert on the telly tonight, hope that helps some.
    Furangels only lent.