Thread: Goodbye Moku

Goodbye Moku

I decided to grant Moku his freedom today. It was warm enough and our strawberry garden has enough cover if it gets cold tonight. If you don't know, Moku was a wild wood frog who decided to winter in our house this year. It was too cold to give him the boot when I found him, so I got him a tank and some crickets and let him "hibernate" inside. I decided that today was warm enough to go into the strawberry garden where there is plenty of cover and hiding places. I hope he'll stay and become a natural pesticide. Who knows, if he liked the accomodations enough maybe he'll bring a girlfriend next winter. Anyway, no more froggie personality around our house. He'll be missed.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I'm glad you let him go and he gets to be free! And it was very nice of you to save him!
    Shadow & Gus (the kitties), Blink (the gecko), Draco, Satine, Damon, & Outback (the fishies) ~I'll be there for you - 'cause you're there for me too~

Be at peace, Erin, I will miss you and remember your sweet face always...

Thats very kind of you to save him...I understand how you feel about letting him go He will be happy though! I once had a frog named Taddy (I got him as a tadpole) and we had to let him go when he turned into a frog....

Youre very kind when you let Moku free I guess you will miss him a lot But luckily you have some pictures of him!

Thats really kind of you to let your frog go, i am sure he is enjoying his freedom and wont be too far away. Maybe next year he will come back with a whole family of froggies

That had to be difficult for you, considering you spent all winter with Moku. I'm sure if frogs could talk to humans he would thank you for letting him hibernate at your house, but most of all, letting him free when it was warm.

I hope Moku will be back again next winter.

Abby

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

Awww I'll bet little Moku is enjoying the fresh air and sunshine! And for sure he enjoyed spending a nice, cozy winter inside with you, too! Hope to see you next winter, Moku! You will be very missed!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~