Thread: longhaired mastiff?!?!

longhaired mastiff?!?!

i was at a dog show last week and saw this BEAUTIFUL longhaired mastiff. i knew it looked like a mastiff but had never seen a longhaired one, or even heard of them. i wish i had gotten a pic. the lady said she would be at the show i'll be at next week too, so maybe i'll snap a pic of it for you all.

i can't seem to find any good pics of one on line either. if anyone can find a good pic of one POST IT!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I think i know what you mean it could be either a Pyrenean mastiff or a Tibetan mastiff il post some pics for you!

Tibetan Mastiff

Pyrenean Mastiff

Anyway i googled for the pics so if im wrong please correct me

aww, the first one is so cute ^_^ so is the second one

wow, I've never heard of a long haired mastiff either!!

I like the longer haired one but my faves are the italian and the french mastiffs they are gorgeous! we got a few that come into the grooming shop for a bath and they are always so gentle and people act as if they will bite your arm off!

Yes, there are such things as longhaired mastiffs. No, they are not Tibetan Mastiffs nor Pyr sheps/mastiffs. They are your regular mastiff, with the gene for longer fur. This is similar to the shorter haired Golden Retriever and the longer haired Whippet. They are not a product of irresponsible breeding (as I used to think), but can crop up in many fantastically bred litters. A member on another board had a wonderful website. It is Fluffy Mastiff

Enjoy!

Mastiffs are such neat dogs! We had a longhaired one come into the vet I used to work for. I forget the dog's name...but I remember the owners were obnoxious! They had this HUGE dog and lived in the nicer part of town...only had leather interiors in thier expensive cars, and wanted us to pick up the dog for exams! The doctor did so...I'd imagine he liked the $$.

Amazing dogs though!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

nor Pyr sheps
    ahem, probably a mistake, but pyr sheps aint mastiffs lol they are itty bitty 15-17" herding dogs...
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Oops, I mean Great Pyrs.

lol thats what I figered! closethough lil pyr sheps and great pyrs did work alongside eachother lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils