Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ** Home Needed URGENTLY for Lab Mix & Shiba Inu =*(**

** Home Needed URGENTLY for Lab Mix & Shiba Inu =*(**

A close friend of mine and her mom are being forced to move this friday. They do not own the condo that they are leasing, and the person who does own it is selling it. They are being forced to move to the only quick place they could find, where dogs are not allowed. They are moving friday, and they don't have a home, not even a temporary home, for their dogs!!

One of the dogs, "Tikka", is a 6 year old Shiba Inu. She is a little shy at first but once she gets to know anyone she loves them. She is fine around horses and other dogs. She also is fine with kids.

The other dog, "Tasha", is a 12 year old Lab/Chow mix. She is very sweet, loves to cuddle, and also loves horses, other dogs and kids.

They were hoping that they could get a home together, (the 2 dogs), but they also said that as long as they were going to good families, that it was okay if they were split. Please remember, my friend and her mom are being forced to do this. Just now they asked me if I could help find a home for their dogs, even a temporary one. They were practically in tears. They love their dogs dearly and all they want is for them to go to a good home. I promised that I would do as much as I could to find them at least a temporary home, and even more hopefully a fur-ever home. I am asking all around pony club, I'm asking my mom if she has any friends that want dogs, and I told them that I'd even ask around here. They live in Agoura Hills, around the same area as me, but I'm sure they would go anywhere within California that's about 3 or 4 hours away, as long as they know that their dogs will be loved and cared for. Any help would be VERY greatly appreciated.

Devon

I'd love to help, but I'm about 2,900 miles too far away. Good luck to them and the pups; they'll be in my thoughts.

I'd love to help too but I am too far away. I will pray hard for them that they find homes.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

That's okay, I just don't know how many people live around here, even 1,2,3, or 4 hours away....

That is so horrible. Duke will be 12 soon. I can't imagine something like that happening to him. That would kill me. I hope they don't have to be separated and someone can help them.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I know. My friend has had Tasha since she was 1 I called my mom at work and left her a message and I just emailed a ton of my friends.... I told my friend that I would've taken them in as fosters and helped them find homes if we didn't already have to take care of 3 dogs, + lots of other pets

hmm, not yet, But I think she might want a direct home.... I'll try though...

I would love to help....but like the rest..to far away....they ill be in my thought and prayers

That's okay, I know there aren't many people around this area..

Trust me. Self-rehoming is TOUGH. Breed rescues are about the next best thing to reputable breeders. They scan you and homecheck and, if it's a breed like a Shiba, they scrutinize your dog experience to make sure you are competant enough to take care of that particular dog. I don't know what you can do about the lab/chow, though. No-kill shelter or personal friend?

Originally posted by Giselle
    Trust me. Self-rehoming is TOUGH. Breed rescues are about the next best thing to reputable breeders. They scan you and homecheck and, if it's a breed like a Shiba, they scrutinize your dog experience to make sure you are competant enough to take care of that particular dog. I don't know what you can do about the lab/chow, though. No-kill shelter or personal friend?
    Oh yes, I forgot that they do all this. I'll look at the links you gave me and I'll call my friend and ask if that's okay with them. Do you know of any mutt shelters around that do the same process?

no sorry

I looked at the links, and unfortunately most of them are too far away... I'll keep looking for more...........

Yep!!! The shelter that I volunteer at (Berkeley East Bay Humane Society) does the exact same thing. They're very picky about who their dogs are adopted out to, and I visit there every Thursday so I can always check on your friend's babies. One thing is they're also choosy about which dogs they accept. They temperament test the dogs to see if the dog is food/dog aggressive, social, trained, easy to handle, etc. This testing is pretty extensive, but provides the shelter workers a good idea of the dog's temperament and what kind of home would be best. You can make an appointment to temperament test the dog and drop him/her off. Lemme know what they decide!