Thread: Gizmo got attacked

Gizmo got attacked

Last night I went outside to put Gizmo back in the shed so he could go to sleep. I had my dad come with me, because he was the one that locked him out. ANYWAYS, I couldn't see him, because it was dark out. Then my dad saw him and we went over towards him so I could put him back in the shed. The dogs know better than to mess with the duck, I even saw Gizmo go after Boo boo, so we arent worried about the duck and the dogs being alone together. As we were walking toward Gizzy, Maggie ran up to him, grabed him by the neck, ran with him, and was chewing on him!! I yelled at her, and she dropped him and ran off. When i got to him, he seemed like a goner. Usually, when i go up to him, he will quack or something. But when I got to him, he pulled him self under the car, and I couldnt reach him. So we had to get a broom and carefully slide him out. When I got him where I could reach him. His wing was sticking out to the side, so I thought it was broken. But he flapped it and put it back at his side. I carefully picked him up and he laid limp in my arms. My dad turned on all the lights in the shed, and I set him on the work bench and examend him. He seemed all right, so I put him in his house, and we went inside.

When I got in the house my sister started yelling at me, because i had pushed Maggie out of the way, when I was trying to get Gizzy from underneath the car, because she was trying to get him too. My sister said, "If you ever tuch my dog again, I will slap you so hard, you will cry of days!! " I told her I didnt hit her dog. And told her that Maggie would have killed my duck, if we had been 5 min. later. Well, my sister ended up getting in trouble, and Gizzy is better this morning. He isn't himself yet, but he isnt badly hurt, he seems to be a little shocked this morning. But he is walking around and flapping his wings.

Please pray for a speedy recovery!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

How terrifying that must've been for you.

My thoughts are with you and Gizmo.

Thought I would post a few pictures I took of Gizmo on Saturday...

DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

That is horrible! He is lucky to be okay!! I'm glad you got there in time...The pics are so cute! What breed is Maggie? If she is a hunting dog breed, those are more natural insticts actually. I would watch Gizmo with your dogs now just to be on the safe side!
    - -prayers comming in for Gizmo- -
    Get Well Soon!!!

Best thoughts and wishes for Gizmo. Glad it's not as bad as first thought.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Oh, wow, i'm really sorry to hear about Gizmo's terrible ordeal but i am really glad that he isn't badly hurt. My thoughts are with you both.

Thanks everyone, I took him out swimming today, and he got away from me, and I had to get Maggie to track him in the field.
    Yes, Maggie is a hunting breed of dog, 3/4 Lab 1/4 GSD , they are usually fine together, and she has been really good, I left Gizmo out to swim and Maggie started running towards him, and I said no, and she stopped and just left him alone, guess she learned her lesson...
    DeviantArt
    Beth-

What an awful scare.
    Glad Gizmo is going to be ok.

----<---<--<{(@

I'm so jealous!!! lol I've been begging my fiance to get us a duck, but he thinks I've lost my mind whats the big deal?? we HAVE 5 birds already!! whats 1 more bird, duckie that is, gonna do?? Very glad to see that handsome boys doing fine now!