Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karen & Paul's pets???

Karen & Paul's pets???

I would really love to learn about AND SEE PICTURES OF Karen and Paul's pets, the wonderful moderators of this most wonderful site! Karen, I know you have mentioned some of your past pets, but if you have mentioned anything about any current pets either I forgot about it or missed the posts. And Paul, I don't remember hearing anything about your pets at all. Forgive me if you have already introduced them and I somehow missed the post. But I would REALLY love to see your furry, feathered and/or scaley friends. Do you two have any pictures and/or stories to post of your own fur family? Can you share a little about your current pets (age, gender, species, breed, how you aquired it..etc) for us who may not know? Please????

Actually, we avoid publicly listing any current personal pets for a reason - we do not anyone to think we are biased toward a particular breed or kind of pet when we are choosing the Dogs, Cats and Pets of the Day to be honored!
    I've Been Frosted

Well shucks, Karen and Paul, the President and Mrs. Bush have their pets up on a website and we don't think they like cows better than sheep.

Now we all think you have really wierd pets and you don't want us to know about them.

(just kidding).

I can't imagine that any of us could possibly conceive of either of you as being biased in any way in any of your responsibilties for this board. Please, please, please, introduce us just this once to the critters that share your space and your heart.

Speaking of cows, has anybody see that Gateway commercial with the CEO and the the talking cow who is his pet....and gives him advice for running the company. It is a hoot!

Yes Rachel!!! I just saw it the other day when they are in the dressing room LOL LOL!!! That is a really funny commercial!

Oh plllleeeeesssseee Karen and Paul....with sugar and cherries on top??????

Hehehe....all joking aside, as much as I would love to learn about and see pics of your pets (and even more now that you said you didn't want to ) I respect your decision for not showing them. It's very professional of you....but how can you keep it a mystery, isn't it hard to not explode and *gush* about your pets with us?

My basic list of past pets includes two wonderful dogs, Lassie and Dukie; several painted turtles from the river that used to be in my backyard including Rudy; two gerbils named Herbie; and many fish.

My family had several cats. My sister Gail's cat had five kittens. My brother's gerbils had seven little ones at the same time as my sister's kittens.

Currently, Karen and I only have Hoppy.

AHHHH, A BUNNERS!!! How adorable.

(my niece does NOT go to sleep without
    Mr. Bunners - her stuffed rabbit).

Thank you for sharing.

OH MY GOSH! SHE'S ADORABLE!

Sweet Hoppy, what a wonderful home you must have! You're a BEAUTIFUL bunny girl! My Sophie and I send, lots of kisses, parsley, and snuggles your way!

Hoppers is adorable!

I too had been wondering about Karen and Paul's pets. I never even had the thought cross my mind that either of you would ever be biased. You two are infallible to us!

Miss Hoppy is a house rabbit, you see her on an excursion in the back yard, where she carefully chooses which plants to nibble, like the tiny bit of maple leaf you can see her munching, which plants need to just be trimmed, and which to ignore. She is only allowed outside with supervision, as there are creatures who would consider her as prey.

She is litter-box trained, which was surprisingly easy - she picked a spot, we put the litter box there, and that was it! She is very sweet, and MUST have a certain amount of petting each day from each one of us. She certainly knows the difference between us, and plays different games with Paul than with me!
    She is skittish around people who are loud, or people who smell funny - if you smoke, you'd probably never even see her - she can smell you coming! She is very very good with children as long as I am holding her, she tolerates the small children of the neighborhood not only petting her, but hugging her, and even allows one special girl to hold her head tight and kiss her - we, on the other hand, are not allowed to hold her head on either side, and the vet's office actually has her down as a "wild" bunny!

Unlike some bunnies we know, she does NOT like her tummy rubbed - she doesn't even like to be upside down. One remarkable thing is that, although she doesn't like us to fuss with her feet, we don't have to - she trims her own nails! We did it a few times when she was small, and apparently she got the hint!

She started out all one color, by the way, and now has dark ears and feet, and the many browns of her coat change configurations pretty constantly - sometimes she has the outline of a maple leaf on her back, sometimes a triangle or an m-shape above her nose - we call her our very slow chameleon.

Hoppy is, to sum up, cute, silly, smarter and has more personality than people expect, and much loved. My Dad has called her the "grand-bunny," and brings baby vegetables from his garden for her!
    I've Been Frosted

Hoppy is a beautiful bunny!!! If we knew about her, we would have wished her Happy Bunny Day the other day!!!

Sue and Killian (we'll keep Shiloh out of this-high prey drive, you know..)
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Paul and Karen, I have to say thank you for sharing with us about your past pets, and Hoppy.

Pet Talk is my home page, here at work, and at home.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Paul and Karen,

I am so delighted that you introduced us to Hoppy. She's absolutely adorable! I think bunnies are one of the only animals who never grow out of that adorable baby stage. They are forever adorable

It was a pleasure finally learning about your fur friend, and past fur friends. Thanks And give Hoppy a nuzzle in her soft fur for me, please

WOW! Hey Hoppy, will ya teach Sophie the nail-trimming trick?!

LOL, Sophie is known as the grand-bunny too!

Oh, thank you so much for sharing Hoppy with us and how kind of you to let children interact with her. She is so beautiful. I am quite impressed. When I see wild bunnies play on the lawns of our neighborhood, I always have to stop and watch.