Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Jada looks mean?

Do you think Jada looks mean?

I have sent my sister in law pictures of Jada and she called me the other night and told me that she thinks Jada looks mean.
    Do you all think she does? I dont not at all. My sister in law is one of those people that think pit bulls are all mean. I keep telling her that's just NOT true. Does this look like a mean dog?

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

You've got to be kidding! She's a sweetheart! I've never once thought of her looking mean. Give her a kiss from me will ya?
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

3. Jada would be the LAST dog that I would ever count as mean! I don't see any dogs as mean! She is a little sweetie pie! I don't see how she could think that!

I would be running upa nd kissing the cute lil' nose!

Heck no!
    She looks like a total sweetheart!
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Nothing sweeter that a little pittie face, It's just the public reputation, dont worrie about that
    look at this...............
    .. .... ..
    .. .... ..
    .. .... ..
    .. ..
    .. ..
    ~Huh? Go to the lake?~

NO! She looks like a happy pittie girl who really wants a hug!

Niņo & Eliza

Jada has a mighty sweet face! I've heard that many people think black dogs are mean, maybe your sister-in-law is one of them.

Jada mean? You're kidding, right?

I just wanna kiss those lips.

That's crazy!!

We can all see how sweet Jada is just by looking at her! I would love to give her a big hug I don't think she could look mean even if she tried

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

got it wrong

I think your Sister-In-Law has it wrong too.I don't think she looks mean at all.I guess it just depends on who owns the Pit Bulls.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Are you kidding me? Jada looks so sweet in that picture. (And the one in your sig!) She looks like all she wants is to get a kiss on the nose!

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

AWWWWWWWWW.....what a silky sweetie pie. Kisses to you from us Jada!!

Love, Daisy and Delilah

I don't think pit bulls are mean. But if someone was shown that pic in particullar and did not know the dog they could jump to that conclusion. Especially if they did not like pit bulls to begin with. The way her mouth is open looks like she was barking at you when you took the shot, and many people who do not like dogs (ie pit bulls) find barking/teeth a sign of agression. Many people get freaked out when a dog barks at them. I dont think she looks mean all her other body language says otherwise. You just took a pic that suggests she was barking at you.

She is a total cutie.

pff,no way!What a sweet girl!She doesnt look mean at all
    has your SIL ever met Jada??

We live in an area where there are alot of spanish-speaking only, mexican families - and we have a couple of garage sales each year. it always amazes me how the women and kids, even the men - are AFRAID of our golden retreivers!

Our last dog, Tristan, was actually a Golden/ chesapeke mix - but like the pits do - he had the wide-spaced eyes and the wide 'grin' and lolling tongue when he was happy - and he was happy ALOT!

I think when people who don't know dogs and can't 'read' their body language see a open mouth or teeth - their fear reads ANY teeth as if the dog is baring their teeth at them. WRONG!

Pit bulls unfortunately get alot of this because of their undeserved reputation, and the fact that when they're happy, they have these big, wide, toothy grins! But Dang - if people would just LOOK - they could see that every aspect of their body language is saying, pet me - love me!

If I were to meet Jada - as she is in that pose and that photo - I'd quickly be down on the floor playing with her - to me, her expression and body language are inviting and playful.

Just LOOK at her - her ears are relaxed, her face is 'open' her mouth is relaxed, she's sitting sideways on her tail! there's not a tiny bit of tension anywhere in her body - and a 'mean' or even scared dog, would be 'tense'.

Maybe you should teach your sister how to 'speak' dog? She might be a whole lot more comfortable around dogs if she understoof them!

Nope, Jada is a sweetie - and anytime she wants to come over and play, Fizz and i would be happy to have her visit!

laura

Thanks, Amanda, for the wonderful siggy and avatar!

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace.
    - Milan Kundera