Thread: ewww... Poo breeders...

ewww... Poo breeders...

ughh! My aunt (she lives in SC) just e-mailed me about getting a Labradoodle. She's been considering getting a puppy from this breeder... makes me sick.... she found this on one of the many websites that sell and advertise puppies like they were a piece of furniture. what do you think?

http://www.jacockapoos.homestead.com/

Possibly the definition of a puppy mill. They have every kind of -Poo imaginable! Schoodles, Cavapoos, Cockapoos, Papipoos, Labradoodles, etc, etc, etc. Does the world not have enough unwanted mixes for these people to be churning out hundreds of thousands?

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I'm SO sorry! Sit down and have a talk with her maybe?..

Niņo & Eliza

I never understood why people think mixing purebreeds is going to be the next biggest "fashion" thing purebred parents or not... still just a mutt.

EW indeed!!!

My uncle recently decided to become a dog broker. I bombarded him with e-mails stressing the perils of BYBs and unscrupulous breeders. As far as I'm concerned, he dropped the idea for now. I gave him tons of links (along with the help of Di ), and he, thankfully, read or skimmed through them.

Here is a WONDERFUL website that I found:
    Mixed Breed Education

Oy, your family is loaded with canine idiots, huh? (hehe, just kidding)

Re: EW indeed!!!

Originally posted by Giselle
    My uncle recently decided to become a dog broker. I bombarded him with e-mails stressing the perils of BYBs and unscrupulous breeders. As far as I'm concerned, he dropped the idea for now. I gave him tons of links (along with the help of Di ), and he, thankfully, read or skimmed through them.

Here is a WONDERFUL website that I found:
    Mixed Breed Education

Oy, your family is loaded with canine idiots, huh? (hehe, just kidding)
    LMAO! Luckily, no... I think my family is generally pretty responsible about dogs, thank gawd. ^_~ they might just be that way because I constantly drill it into them, though. I rarely ever speak to my aunt or cousins anymore, so they haven't had the pleasure of being lectured by me about responsible dog ownership. The only dog they've had was a Lab, who died about a year ago... she was a really sweet dog, from a good hunting breeder. I think my aunt was attracted to having another Lab, just one that magically "doesn't shed" and is "easy to train" and "the perfect dog"! or so Labradoodle breeders like to tell people.

awesome link! thanks you! I'm sending it to her now! I've already strongly recomended that she go to her local shelter and RESCUE a mixed breed instead of paying $1000 for one...

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Hehe, sorry. It's just that right after that Bosco fiasco (hey that rhymes!!!)...

I'm too shy to drill my family members. That, plus, they think I've gone insane so they tune me out whenever I talk about puppy mills and responsible breeding. In an attempt to cope with their short attention spans, I shortened my lecture to advocating adoption only. And if the person wants to know more, I go deeper into the subject. It worked pretty well. My immediate family only considers adoption now. After all, Giselle came from fab racing bloodlines and is genetically healthier than BYB Lucky. And guess who costed less? Giselle! Man, I digress too much LOL!

Good luck with the aunt She obviously knows you're the "dog person" of the family, and I hope she adopts her perfect mutt (rather than forking out 1000$). That link above is greyt! It has quotes from a few parent clubs and one from the Peke club that specifically bans cross breeding. Maybe that'll peak her interest.