Thread: Do your cats eat vegetables and fruits?

Do your cats eat vegetables and fruits?

I was wondering if your cats eat vegetables and fruits...Simba just LOVES cucambers and carrots...He also loves apples, malones and his favourite ones are water malones...!!! LOL, I´ve never had a cat who would love vegetables or fruits

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

The only thing they like fruit-wise is they think grapes are great fun to roll aorund on the kitchen floor! Otherwise, I haven;t seen them take interest in fruit or veggies.

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Tiger eats cantaloupe and mashed potatoes. And raw peas from the garden. Not together though! And they all steal the green beans when I pick them from the garden. More for the trophy than for eating.
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

They love the 3 Cheese Kraft Salad Dressing,Cheese,Puffs,and will lick,the margarine,off of the vegetables,but the only thing,that I have actually seen them eat,was a bit of corn,Nugget,and John Hancock,will eat corn.Or a Potato Chip,they might snag,a Sour Cream,and Onion Chip.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Meka loves those button mushrooms from a jar. Last time I wouldn't let her have one she let out a scream like a kid! So of course I gave her one!!! She mushes it up and only eats a little - I think she likes the juice most probably because of the salt and of course she plays with it first! Debbie

Inka loves fruits and veggies! Yesterday she ate some grapefruit! She eats yoghurt, cake, etc... . Silly Inka

Maya wants to sniff everything, but she only eats catfood and some fish and chicken
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

MooShoo loves watermelon, mashed potatoes, peeled grapes, apples.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Tex and Georgia love cantaloupe and peaches.

Tex will eat nearly anything- other than the obvious meat, cheese, cottage cheese, etc., he eats beans, pizza, cookies, chips....too many bizarre tastes to mention here....

lol, then Simba isnt only one - crazy fruit and veggie cat

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Cubby loves tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, peaches, grapes, apples, oranges, and green beans.

Rachel eats nothing other than cat food.

I had a cat (Jasmen) that liked cooked Strawberries

Katie likes Mashed Potato.
    Last edited by Cosmicat; 03-23-2005 at 03:38 PM.

“The memories and paw print of a beloved cat remains in our heart and soul forever.” – Unknown
    My beloved Katie (1994-2008)

Filou loves mangoes and Tigris drinks veggie juice

Let's see...

Noah LOVES broccoli, corn, raw spinach/corn husks, mashed potatoes...and most other people foods

Basil, LOVES people food...especially corn husks

Micah loves peaches and necterines if I'm eating them, mashed potatoes, popped corn

The othes prefer non-fruit/veggie people food. Although, their wet food has potato and carrot chunks in it and they all eat that...besides Basie.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Our Leila is the one who loves "people food" the most. She will eat anything, pretty much, if we don't catch her in time. She loves lettuce, salad dressing, baked beans, meat of any kind, cheese, yogurt, etc. Bailey & Claudia will eat small pieces of meat like salmon or turkey, and Claudia loves to try to lick our sandwiches or other food, if we don't get it away from her in time. Leo mostly just scoops at human food like it's waste to cover up - it's the silliest thing. He also does that with cat treats, which the other 3 cats just love and beg for, so he is the odd one in that regard.

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

Sky has eaten watermelon and lettuce before. Storm has eaten raw broccoli, lettuce, and acorn squash before. They love to play with cherry tomatos,carrots and grapes. They don't usually eat or like fruits and vegetables though.