Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gecko Help!!?

Gecko Help!!?

I have a beautiful Leopard gecko girl, and now I want to have another Is there anyone in here who has two or more lizards? Do you think that I should buy a friend for my sweet girl? And what do you think should I have a male or female?? I have had my gecko for...3 years now and I still don't know should I get a friend for her or not..... Thanks already!

I know that more than one female leopard gecko can be housed together, as can a male and female (but you could get eggs that way, so be very careful of that!). Two mature males should never be housed together as they will fight.

But where as she is already 3 years old, I'm not sure how she would react to a friend. If you want to get another one, make sure the tank is big enough for two, but I'd have a back up tank if things didn't work out.

I would LOVE to see a picture of your little girl! I have a little leopard gecko of my own, his name is Blink and is 7 months old. His picture is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Shadow & Gus (the kitties), Blink (the gecko), Draco, Satine, Damon, & Outback (the fishies) ~I'll be there for you - 'cause you're there for me too~

Be at peace, Erin, I will miss you and remember your sweet face always...

if she has been housed alone for three years i wuoldent suggest putting another leopard gecko with her... males can become very territorial. i would just keep her alone...

I have a male leopard gecko all alone in a 33 G tank. he seems happy enough..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Orca, Your little gecko is SO cute Heres a pretty new pic of my girl, she has been a PotD. on.......november...I'm not sure Her name is Fegu and she turns 4 years old in june 5th

thanks Manda_moo87!!

I don't know how to put a pic I will keep trying

thanks Manda_moo87!!

Lets try now......

and thankyou you two for help

hiyas...welcome!

I'm working at one of ZOO, there are a lot of geckos there! but all of them have their own glasstanks. gecko is OK to be alone, bringing in a friend may infer his space. crickets will be his temporary best friends *guilty for saying that!* just a comment good luck on your decision!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Fegu is BEAUTIFUL! Thats a really good pic too. Blink needs a girlfriend
    Shadow & Gus (the kitties), Blink (the gecko), Draco, Satine, Damon, & Outback (the fishies) ~I'll be there for you - 'cause you're there for me too~

Be at peace, Erin, I will miss you and remember your sweet face always...

thankyou Gina's Ark Inc, for your help too and Orca, Fegu too needs a boyfriend... I've been looking for someone... but I have found noone from Finland How long have you had Blink?

Awww... they're so cute! I have 10 of these little guys... 2 males, and 8 females!

I bred my adult females last year and got 5 hatchlings... I've only placed 1 of them in a new home, and my Boyfriend (who lives with me) adopted one 1 of them, so I'm still trying to find new homes for 3...
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

ILoveReptiles, do you have a pic of someone of your geckos? I'd like to see them

very cute.

it looks alot like my sephiroth...
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Awww! Sephiroth is so cute how long have you had Sephiroth?

I sure do! They're not the best pictures, I was tired when I took them, but here you go:

The first gecko here already has a name. It's Ume. (It means Plum Flower in Japanese), but the other two are nameless.

I have more pictures of my pets at Caicos.org Photo Gallery
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree