Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PETOFTHEDAY.Com

PETOFTHEDAY.Com

Howdy Doo Pet of The Day!
    Just wanted to tell you guys how much I enjoy your site. It is ABSOLUTELY one of the easiest sites I've ever experienced especially being a "beginner" at Internet Stuff. I'm at best, grateful to IWon.com for introducing PET to me and I will NEVER, EVER understand why they took you off. I never miss a day visiting you. Thanks so much for making it possible. Thank you also for your assistance when I've needed questions answered AND of course, for featuring my beloved DENNIS BUBBA-POTTER (7/30)
    Blessings of GREAT Joy,
    Joyce Rue-Potter

This might be a good place to comment on the terrific changes I saw today: Mini profile in each author's post, and the ability to go directly to page 2's. I've been following Bella's progress, and this change makes it much faster. Thanks, Karen and Paul.

You're welcome, and Thanks! We love doing the site, and it is good to hear that people enjoy it, too! The changes you see on the bulletin board are because we upgraded the software, so if you find anything that doesn't work, let us know, too! I agree, it's fun seeing the little info on each person, it's amazing how much some people have posted! - keep it up! So far, the only thing that hasn't changed is the lights aren't consistently "lit up" when they should be sometimes, but that's been constant, anyway!

I like the new mini-profiles, too. I was always clicking the profile icons to see where folks were from, to kind of follow the different traditions and slang each country has for its pets, and this makes it much easier. I found this site from a site called e-tour, just a few days after I got my computer, and I have signed on every day that I log on to the computer since then. It took me a while to finally realize all the features it had, because like Enthusiologist I only just recently took the access road to the information superhighway. I'm sure glad Al Gore invented all this stuff! This site was MADE for pet lovers. I'll be glad when I'm finally equipped to submit my crew for Pet of the Day!

Hey Karen Moderator... Looks like Carrie and I are going for the GOLD for the number of posts!! Will have to tell her the race is on!! I like the new format a lot!

I love the new format too. Glad someone started this little discussion, so we can all let you know how happy we are with your site. I have made some really good friends, plus I am learning a lot about my animals.
    By the way, my niece pointed me to your site quite some time back, before Pet Talk even existed. Can't even remember what the pet was she wanted me to see, but I bookmarked you that day and have tried to check you out daily since that time!
    Thanks for all your hard work.
    Logan

I love this website, too! I hope it never becomes too much work to keep it running!

ditto

As if you can't tell from the number of posts I have made, I really love this site. The changes have been great. I love seeing where people are from. It is by far the easiest to navigate that I have come across and has by far the friendliest and most regular visitors. I have made friends, had lots of laughs, been touched by people's stories and inspired to try out new ideas.
    Karen and Paul and all you others out there - thank you very much.

Oh, and Hi to Karen I and Logan!

What can I say? Everything has already been said. It is the best and easiest site on the net. I am not too great with this 'superhighway' myself and (as you can see) I have not figured out how to use the 'smilies' yet but just give me some time to work on it and my next post will have some smilies!!!
    Every day I check the 'cat of the day' and see what is in the 'pet talk' and now and than I add my comments to it. It is great to speak to pet lovers all over the world and just as Carrie says, I also had many laughs, been touched by people's stories and inspired to try out new ideas.
    Great work, thank you very much!

Hi again Karen and Paul,
    I have a couple of suggestions you may be interested in?
    Since joining this site there have been a few occasions when I have not answered people's queries as I was unsure if I was answering an adult or a child. It may be useful to ask under eighteen's, say, to state their age on their on their profile so we can all take it into consideration when answering posts. This would also allow us all to be more aware of inappropriate approaches towards children, on this site at least. The email addresses of children could also be witheld from posts and one doorway to unprotected children would be closed. What do you think?

For someone suppose to be working I have over 300 posts!! It's me against Carrie!! LOL!!! Except she is quite the expert! And I have to put in my 2 sense on most everything!!!!! This is the best website!!! Thanks Karen and Paul!

Karen, thanks sweetie - the money is in the post- another $5 for every good thing you say about me!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto to everything above!! My daily routine now is to check my e-mail and then go to Internet Explorer. My husband has it so that Cat of the Day comes on when I click on Explorer. Then I check the Cat, Dog and Pet of the day and of course read all of the posts. I have learned so much and met some nice people. There is a kinship between people who are pet lovers that probably others may not understand. Anyway, I am rambling...... Karen and Paul, thanks for this site!