Thread: Middle names

Middle names

What does everybody think about middle names for there animals all my pets have middle names. Like hugo james, chaucer wyane, Daisy may, Taz boodevil and izzy tiny. tell me what you think about it andif your pets have middle names and what there are.

raz- you might want to check out the "nicknames" topic under cat-general that was posted before you joined - it's along the same lines.

I always thought 1 name is plenty for any living creature. Someone who knew me gave away my middle name the day before I started my job now it's programed for everything and I hardly remember to use it. Don't hate it, just don't use it. I usually use endearing names instead.

My mother was on the right track when my sister and I were born. She just didn't give us middle names!! Frankly, I always wished for one as I always had to leave that part of every form blank. To make matters worse, people either took my first name, "Logan", as a last name or as a male name! Marriage brought me a way to have at least a middle initial. My daughter got middle name, but I have to say, they are useless and I can't imagine worrying about having one for my pets. One name is enough!

LOL! Spencer, that's funny! I can imagine some of those names known only to cats!
    My parents went overboard naming me. I have 3 names before my surname, and my call name is not even one of my given names! Go figure! My pets have many nicknames, but only 1 call name.

No matter what, you'll always be my dear friend "Happy"!!! xoxo

Thanks, Karen! :0

Thanks so much Spencer the Lion! I've been looking for that book for a long time.

Howdy Doo!
    About "middle-names" gotta tell you about Dennis Bubba Hyphen Potter (plug-plug, Cat Of The Day, July 30, 2000) he started out as Dennis the Menace ("the" being a middle name) until we moved here to North Carolina and he began meowing with a "twang", thus the "Bubba". To further enhance his name, I was a broadcaster and had a terrific show, it was called the "Joyce Rue (Hyphen) Potter Show" and it was a matter of continuing to use my better known maiden name (Rue) while still acknowledging my husband's name. I always had to explain the Rue-Potter thing as it seemed to most people as "one" name, Ruepotter and they'd say "never heard that before, how unsual. So anyway as the saga goes, I did a show about pets EVERY CHANCE I had and Dennis Bubba was frequently a subject. Now to add even more fun, someone gave me a delightful little kitty (a shaded silver) as a side-kick for Dennis Bubba. Well! He got tagged with the name, "Ditto Dudda Hyphen Potter", because everything that Dennis did, Ditto did, thus Ditto Dudda. The one thing that Ditto did that Dennis didn't do, was watch TV...and everytime there were political debates on, DIT would especially want to watch the candidates and had consistent reactions to each of the then candidate, Perot, Bush and Clinton. He clearly favored Perot (some people think it's because he sort resembles a mouse), was kinda tilt headed with Clinton and when Bush Sr was on, he'd turn around and groom his behind! (I have pictures to prove it! Really funny!) Unfortunately, when I became ill...my dear little DITTO couldn't deal with the stress in my home-health-care etc., and I had to find a new home for him after he developed a condition called "megacolon". Bless his dear little heart...he's been fine ever since. DENNIS BUBBA on the other hand was and continues to be my little "rock" and he's been with me through it all. But Dennis by far is an extraordinary guy...and I believe if there is such a thing as "past-lives" DENNIS BUBBA-POTTER was probably a cross between Don Juan and Jesus Christ! Well, I certainly got too wordy but "middle-names" are terms of endearment to our pets and even the people in our lives.
    Blessings of Joy,
    Joyce

Enthusiologist's Ditto's response the the political candidates makes me think of a clip I saw on one of those home video shows - A cat that looked completely bored at the names Dole, Perot, etc, but would yowl as soon as Bill Clinton was mentioned! His owner named politicians over and over and he only responded to Clinton! I guess he was a Republicat!

My bunny has a middle name and it is after my dad. His name is Speedy Thomas. I love to call him Speedy Tom. Its a cute and fun name to call him!

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

my guinea pigs name is
    Kalena Courtney Amelia (last name not to be said)

here she is

Actually Gracie's is Phoebe Grace

Whoa! This thread is 4 years old!

Maybe you should start a new one instead of posting in such an old thread. It can be confusing! I was trying to figure out who some of these people were.