Thread: Crabs

Crabs

What does everybody think about hermit crabs. I have 1 Izzy they are soo sweet but just alittle while ago my 2 oldest died(their names were newt~boot~ahh(my brother named him) and tiny.i hate when pets die. Izzy always sits by there shells like were are you? when i get a scanner i will send there pics in.

[This message has been edited by Raz_Taz_88 (edited November 10, 2000).]

I love hermits, too! But you already know that Sarah! I have 2. Their names are, Tigger & Boo~Boo. I will post pics of them up as soon as I can.

We have three hermit crabs (Larry, Moe and Curly). Lost a fourth one recently. He was out of his shell, looking for a new one, went in the new one and died. I was sad! Give me some idea about how you care for them, play with them, etc. We have had them for years, but the ones we have now aren't as interested in bath time and playing. They just jump back in their shells everytime we come near the cage. I'd love to hear some of your ideas.
    Logan

That happened to my hermit crab,too! He was wandering around out of his shell, and he died. I was very sad. What you can do to play is let them crawl on your hand, or let all three of them on the ground and let them just crawl around, but be sure to keep an eye on them. Thats what I do with my hermits. Or, you could build them a little, hermit sized obstacle course, and let them crawl in it. I hope my advice helped a little bit! Oh, and by the way, even though it says I am from Fargo, I am from Moorhead. :P

Whats fun to do is have them walk on the ground and watch them there so funny they think that we're not watching them. latley my hermit hasn't been coming out of his shell either. As soon as he comes out he goes strait back in. I love hermits.

[This message has been edited by Raz_Taz_88 (edited November 13, 2000).]