Thread: Cat torturers graduate to kill humans :(

Cat torturers graduate to kill humans :(

I live in North York (a part of Toronto) and last year our neighbourhood was terrorized by some creep who was torturing and killing family cats. There were about a dozen furry family members killed this way and then it stopped, as suddenly as it had started. Coincidentally, a teenager was swarmed and killed by 3 other teens - who have been in police custody ever since - exactly around the time that the cat killing started.
    It's time the community, not just animal lovers, understood that the monsters who kill our pets are the same monsters who later kill our children!

That's what the experts say! It usually starts with the thrill of animal kills, defenseless creatures as a stepping stone to full blown psychopaths with no remorse. Murder is murder. Glad they caught those suckers.

That's horrendous. There was a recent cat killing near me too. It happened about a week before Halloween and it was thought to be a Halloween prank...it sounded like a satanic ritual to me tho...a 6 year old black cat's stomach was cut open and gutted and it's rear leg was tied around it's neck. The cat's owners dog found the cat's remains. As soon as the owner saw that there was a bloody mess, she assumed it was her beloved cat and called the police. It was her cat, little did they know how mutilated it was until they approched it.

The article in the paper made me cry.

There have been cat mutilations in a town near mine for several years - not necessary to go into details but they are probably much like what happened to the poor creature in Adore's post - the police have never had a single clue as to who the perpetrator is but insist it is not coyotes or dogs because the wounds are almost surgical in appearance and often the body is arranged - to me just another argument for keeping your cats inside.

Just yesterday afternoon in the Phila area neighbors reported seeing a white truck dump those large 20plus pounds of dog food bags on a street corner. The authorities found a total of 28 dead full bred puppies. They think it may have been animal testing, as the dogs were already dead, but have no clue who did it. If found, the dumpers can't be charged with cruelty just environmental waste dumping or something mundane like that, since the puppies were already dead. Imagine that! It makes me sick.

something else that makes me sick - probably every foster parent knows about this since we're always in the business of finding homes - many of the labs scan the newspapers for classifieds advertizing free puppies or kittens. You can always find a clue - either they want the whole litter, or they say they'll come to your house right now to pick one out without even asking what colors, sexes, or ages are available, or if you screen calls their message will include a pager or cell phone but no home phone. It makes me sick to think of how many people innocently give away their precious babies to these monsters thinking they have placed them in a loving home.