Thread: Walk to Cure Diabetes *UPDATE*

Walk to Cure Diabetes *UPDATE*

I have formed a team to do the "walk to cure diabetes", juvenile diabetes to be exact.
    Our team is Kyle's Crew (might be changing the spelling to Kyle's Krew).

More information can be found at: http://www.jdrf.org/

My nephew Kyle made me wake up & smell the coffee. He made me get off my lazy bum to go out & do things for the less-fortunate. He made me realize that there are many others out there that have it worse than me and that I should do something about it.

Some of you know that my nephew Kyle was just diagnosed with juvenile diabetes last week, which means he will be insulin-dependant for the rest of his life. He is doing much better now. Still having a pretty hard time getting his levels within normal range but that will come with due time.

The walk is only 3 miles but it is for a good cause. My team is in need of sponsors for this walk. 85% of every dollar spent goes to research and education about research. Kyle will be walking with us!!!

Please remember that insulin is NOT a cure; it is merely life support. We need to find a cure.

There are 2 ways you can help us make a difference for Kyle and everyone living with diabetes:
    - You can join our team, Kyle's Krew, which consisits of family & friends who collect pledges & walk with us.
    May 15, 2005
    9:00 AM
    RIT
    Rochester NY
    (more info can be given on this if anyone close by wants to join)

-You can send a tax-deductble contribution of any amount, made payable to JDRF or the juvenile diabetes Research Fundation.

UPDATE
    You can mail your check/money order directly to me or you can go to
    http://walk.jdrf.org/
    Go to the bottom right of the page to "support a walker" and enter Susan Mussaw
    State: New York

Follow instructions to donate to me!
    OR you can join our team right there too!

I am sorry but I do not have pay pal but I am willing to mail you a preposted envelope if needed.
    This walk is May 15th so please make sure we receive your greatly appreciated donation before then.

Please e-mail me for more information, any questions & for my address
    email: [email protected]
    Last edited by lv4dogs; 03-18-2005 at 10:14 AM.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I personally don't have any extra money to send, but I bet my parents will. My mom and I often do walks for Diabetes and volunteer with the Diabetes Association. I suffer with juvenile diabetes myself so I know what its like. I'll talk to my parents and then send you an email
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by aly
    I personally don't have any extra money to send, but I bet my parents will. My mom and I often do walks for Diabetes and volunteer with the Diabetes Association. I suffer with juvenile diabetes myself so I know what its like. I'll talk to my parents and then send you an email

Bless your heart. I am glad to hear that you walk as well.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

My cousin who lives in Newark has diabetes. She was diagnosed when she was in elementary school, she's now 25 (I think). I'll have to let her know about it, she may be interested in walking with you.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Originally posted by KBlaix
    My cousin who lives in Newark has diabetes. She was diagnosed when she was in elementary school, she's now 25 (I think). I'll have to let her know about it, she may be interested in walking with you.
    That would be great. She can sign up as a walker right on the website too, and join our team, Kyle's Krew!

Just bumping