Thread: Bittersweet Love Story

Bittersweet Love Story

But not the one you might think.........
    Loyal dog

SYDNEY - An elderly Australian man will be buried with his loyal dog after the animal spent almost a week guarding the deceased's body and appeared too miserable to live after being removed from his master.

The RSPCA in north-eastern Queensland state said that Jess, a cattle dog cross estimated to be about 12 years old, would be put to sleep and later cremated and buried with his owner.

The dog was found lying across the body of his 74-year-old owner who died in his Brisbane home.

The animal protection society was called in when the dog attempted to shield the dead man from ambulance officers who had come to take the body away.

"The dog would just growl and attack them basically," RSPCA Queensland spokesman Michael Beatty said. "It was just devoted to the owner."

Man and dog had been inseparable and while the RSPCA had originally attempted to care for the pet, they found him to be aggressive and unhappy while in their custody.

"He was a one-person dog," Beatty said, adding that the animal was old and not in perfect health.

The dog would likely have been euthanased within ten days for failing the RSPCA's behaviour test for animals to be given to the public, he said.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    So touching that the dog was so totally devoted to his person. I'm glad they'll be together...it reminds me so much of the old time story of Greyfriers Bobby.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I know it seems sad for the dog, but it sounds like the pup wouldn't be happy with anyone else.

How sweet...in a sad way.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

OMG, my LES (Leaky Eye Syndrome) is really getting to me now. What a touching story. That brings up another question? If I were to die, would I want my pets buried along with me? I guess that's a whole other discussion for a doghouse thread.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

very touching!

* Sniff *...
    Such a SAd STory....
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

How sad, yet sweet.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

What a wonderful, bittersweet story!

When my Dad was found dead in his apartment after 3 days, the medical examiner's office went into pick up his body. His beloved cat Tigger, who had been closed in the apartment with him on a hot August day, began growling, hissing and spitting everytime they went near him. I had to calm him down and put him in a carrier so they could take my Dad away . Tigger lived for 3 more years, quietly dying in his sleep in his favorite spot, in front of the sliding glass window, in the sun.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Very touching story. Cremated though

Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
    Greyfriers Bobby.
    Is that the Skye Terrier?

Niņo & Eliza

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Originally posted by Suki Wingy
    Very touching story. Cremated though

Is that the Skye Terrier?
    Same one!
    http://www.greyfriarsbobby.co.uk/
    Although there's disputes as to whether he was a Cairn terrier, or Skye. I have a very old statue of Greyfriars Bobby...love to know what it would go for on Ebay.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~