Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do any of your cats hate the vet?

Do any of your cats hate the vet?

I am jsut wondering this because my Rocky just absolutely hates it with a passion..at home...he is the most loveable, affectionate, sociable kitty, but as soon as we step into the vets office, there is a huge attitude change...I love the place he goes to..it is An all cats clinic...they only see cats and that's it...ok, well, First of all..Fluffy is an angel and always cooperates with no problem,..they always do her first....the last time,,I had to schedule him to be heavily sedated just for a check up...they had left him in his carrier and put the gas towards his carrier so it would relax him...enough to where they could get him out without him giving the doc a hard time...he bites at them normally, and has acheived before...anyway..they put the little gas mask on him and the entire checkup lasted 10 minutes at the most....then they put him back in the carrier, he was awake within 5 minutes after that on the way home having no clue as to what happened...(maybe he did,,I dunno)lol anyway..I hate to have to do this to him, but he gets super stressed out, won't relax, and the people at the vets office are so patient with him but deep down inside you can tell, it is quite aggrivating them..

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Kuhio was an angel at home and a devil at the vet. One vet we took her suggested that we never bring her back there again! (Naturally, we found another vet for her).

Halo is scared to death. She goes limp and boneless and has actualy peed all over me and the vet out of fright.

Cammie isn't too happy and keeps up a continuous growl but is scared and cooperates.

Pepper loves everyone and they love her. The vet techs all come running when Pepper goes in for a checkup. She gets lots of attention and cuddles.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Nope, all my cats are good for the vet.

Wow! That's awesome!

My Missy is good at the vets. Sassy is another story! She can be a beast. The vet had to put a towel over her to get her shots last time she was in.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

My gang of three are angels at the vet. I remember when we took all 3 in for first time at our new vet (the one we took Skinny too) RBButterscotch loved Dr. Leroy and started to quiver his tail. Dr. Leory thought he was getting ready to spray and we said "oh no, he is just happy and greeting you". Skinny spent the time in room roaming around exploring. Thumper decided to stay in her carrier until it was time to been seen by Dr. Leroy. Eleanor when we took her in with Skinny and Thumper, she was just hanging around the room.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I just took my cat, Angel, to the Vet. today, and this evening I posted a thread about the experience in the "Cat Health" section:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=74318
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

Angel sure sounds like she did well overall witht he whole visit...The vets had tried taking the top off of the carrier with Rocky in it, but he bites at the docs or whoever dares to enter..I have to pay extra fees for extended consultation, but he is worth it!!!

Mango is Ok with the vet. He head-bonks the vet, plays with the stethoscope, snoops in cabinets, plays with his file and in general just a sweet ittle guy. The vet loves him but he's so healthy he rarely ever sees her.
    Randy

I posted a thread similar to this one a few weeks ago - I think it was "How do your cats act at the vet?" - anyway, 2 of my 4 hate it with a passion and turn into wild devil-kitties when we get them there. Bailey & Leila get very evil, whereas Leo & Claudia are perfect angels who let the vets do their business and behave just fine.

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

Luckily my vet comes to my house for exams...unless its more serious.

None of the furkids like leaving the house, so the vet's office is scary for them.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Not really. They are calm and let the vet do what she wants. But Inka absolutely hates shots and refuses to get that thermometer in het butt....
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

My cat Mollie Rose is the most lovable, QUIET (she never meows) kitty in my entire house. Bring her to the vet and she's a wild woman!!!! The last time she went, they had to put a muzzle on her because she kept trying to bite the vet tech!! I'm not sure if it's the white coat they wear or what. But she's like a Dr. Jekyll/Ms. Hyde in the vet's office.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I dont think,that its the Vet,that they hate,as they were very nice,to Doctor Marsales,when he was here.I think,that it is being put,in a carrier,and then transporetd ,out of the house,and being stared at,by all,the people,in thje waiting room.Michael,was nice,to the Vet,even walking up,.to him.which he,or the Other Found cats,would do,if they were under,all that stress.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Tibby loves the vet, she will roll over and ask for belly rubs. Corkscrew is terrified of the vet, but I think it's because he gets sick so often that he realizes the vet is bad news. Normally even though he is terrified he will behave, but when he had to stay overnight once he was a terror and the vet said he had a hard time controlling him.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!