Thread: Willing to do illegal things for this cat!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"

Willing to do illegal things for this cat!

Hello everyone! I'm putting this in the dog house because I belong there for even considering it!

There is a cat at ACC that I have been enamored with for about a month! He's beautiful! I've called the office of our apartments and they said there is nothing I can do LEGALLY *wink wink nudge nudge* but she did all but tell me to lie and get this cat!

I could never just lie to get this cat... could I? I mean, he will most likely go to a loving home and be cared for for 20 long and glorious years... or get adopted by people who think it's fine to let their cat rome outside and kick him when he's asking for lovings! *grrr*

Anyhow, I can understand the reasons (I've seen psycho cat people have 50 or more, not take care of them, not neuter them, and let rotting animals sit all over their house!) but it seems like the apartment should at least be able to evaluate my situation.

*whimpers*

Anyone want to adopt a cat for a few months till I move
    Check him out here!
    Last edited by sirrahved; 03-16-2005 at 03:14 PM.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Sounds like you need to plan with Deb on this one.

He's beautiful. Thing is... is the office manager willing to LIE for YOU?

Our local shelters have a list of apartments and will not adopt out if there are restrictions. I tried to get a second dog but the apartment I was at said only one dog per unit. When I insisted, the shelter called and the office manager confirmed it, so no second dog for me.

Either way.... good luck.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Hmm .... sounds to me like the apartment manager is gently encouraging you to lie .... We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy about cats in our building. No one is supposed to have ANY pets and yet everyone has at least one cat. Our building manager has two; we just don't tell the landlord and when the landlord visits everyone takes turns hiding the cats. I'm sure you'll figure something out and if it's meant to be, it will fall into place seamlessly.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

If it only for a few months and you're moving and the apartment people are "looking the other way" on this, then I say go for it. You'll be saving a life and I would lie to do that and lying is not something I like to do.
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.

According to my landlord I only have 1 cat I've been here for two years now, with my 1 cat
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Do it Deb!!!

DO IT!!!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Re: Willing to do illegal things for this cat!

I could never just lie to get this cat... could I?
    my feeling is this, if the landlord directly asks you "do you have a white cat living in your apartment, you should tell the truth. if no one asks, don't tell ( have i heard that phrase before? )
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Uh...yea. My complex doesn't know we have any animals...I have EIGHT indoor cats.

When they come to fix things, we hide the cats.

Do it!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

He looks like a short-haired version of Caleb. I say take him. They'll never know...
    I've been BOO'd!