Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hope this hasen't been done before......

Snowy's name is actually Snowpatch. Snow because she is white as snow and Patch because she has one. I call her Snowy for short, not Patch, because it sounds nicer

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

Bitsy was named because when we got her as a puppy she was a tiny little thing.
    Charlie came with the name shorty, which I hated. We tried to think of a name that kind of sounded like shorty, and we came up with Charlie. The name fits him perfectly.
    Buster came with his name. I probably wouldn't have chosen that name, but it does fit him.
    Nacey came with her name. I like the name, it's unique and it really fits her.
    Nova was found on Thanksgiving day, which of corse is in November. Out of November we got the name Nova, and it really fits her well.

Originally posted by vinjashira
    Snowy's name is actually Snowpatch. Snow because she is white as snow and Patch because she has one. I call her Snowy for short, not Patch, because it sounds nicer
    aww, I love that.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Andrew and I are very adventureous people and love to travel and explore. So, when we got our Drake, we decided to name him after the great explorer and traveller Sir Francis Drake. And Drake has certainly lived up to his name, he has been to 15 countries since we got him!

When I first saw Duncan at the shelter, the sign on his cage door said he was a gordon setter mix so I was looking for a scottish type name, Duncan just kind of stuck. I didn't like it too much but he's stuck with it now!! ( I also call him Mr. Potato Head, I have no idea why. For a dog that is supposed to be part scottish, he won't eat a potato )
    My childhood dog was named Bandit because we had adopted the neighbor's cat Smokey as our own since they didn't take care of him and the movie Smokey and the Bandit was big then in our family since my dad's cousin was in it. We also had 2 cats when I was really young named Boots and Mittens.

Fenway was Fenway when I adopted him from a rescue organization as a puppy. His brothers were named Ranger, Dodger and Yankee. I couldn't possibly adopt Yankee so of course, I adopted Fenway. Go Sox!

All kidding aside, I didn't adopt Fenway because of his name. I thought he was cute and his temperment fitted my lifestyle.

Originally posted by jennifert9
    We also had 2 cats when I was really young named Boots and Mittens.
    When I was really young I had 2 cats named Boots and Mittens too.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Originally posted by KBlaix
    aww, I love that.
    thanks

I made up a list of about 20 names I wouldn't mind the dog having and my husband (then-boyfriend) chose Samantha from the list.

My cat Sushi came with that name. Kirin's name was Doogie but since we liked Sushi enough to keep it we wanted to keep a Japanese theme going so we changed it from Doogie to Kirin (a Japanese beer).

My mom named Pepper for her colour, I hate it when people do that. Autumn was born in fall and it was also one of my favorite names.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I had the name Nanook picked out before I got him. It means polar bear in eskimo language. I saw Nanook & fell in love. It was a coincidence that he is a fluffy white dog. lol

Raustyk's name came from an apartment complex named rustic village. I just thought the name rustic was neat and it fit her, she is rusty colored & like the old style rott; bulky. But I couldn't stand the spelling so I made it original.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Kia came with her name and it seemed to suit her so I kept it.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Sierra was Kirra when we adopted her, we didn't care for the name, and my hubby named her Sierra.

Buddy was Barry when we adopted him, the name did NOT fit him, and I couldn't think of a fitting name, so in the meantime, I was calling him Buddy just to call him something... and the rest is history!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

13. I have always liked the name Lexi. But, we were deciding between a couple names:

Lexi
    Roxy
    Bella
    Reba
    Sadie

But Lexi just kind of fit her. It was short, easy. I ahve been debating whether to spell her name differently. Hmm....

If this is also for other pets then:

Skye was foudn becase we weren't able to determine whether he was a male or female at a young age. So, it was either that or Bandit. I liked Skye better, but I want to change that too

Country came to be when her name was Sky and I didn't want the same way. We were driving to go see her one day and I saw a gorgeous gray horse in the country. It suited her, so I kept it. She responded to it too!

My fish just got their names from matter of elimiationLOL!

When I got back from a camping trip with the school, my mom and I immediately started talking about breeders on the way home. She told me she found a breeder who had some males left and that we'd be going out to see the pups. Well, on my camping trip, I had a (GORGEOUS!) camp leader named Kai-tech. I made up a list and it was between Kai, Zeke, Blaze (the little white "blaze" on his head) and (Chocolate) Chip. I like unique names so we were torn between Kai and Zeke for a while.

Kaedyn was originally named Milo. He didn't respond to it and I couldn't stand that name for him. I might as well name the dog Fido or Rover for god's sake. Before we got Kaedyn, my brother and I were trying to come up with names. I came up with Cajun but didn't like that name so I played around with the word and came up with Kayden. I like weird names so I fiddled with the spelling and came up with Kaedyn.

I'm planning on getting a female border within the next year or two so that one will be named Keiko. We had already decided on the name Keiko before we got Kai.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Ginger got her name because she's a ginger (red) color. Her nickname is Ginger Bread.

Hydro, well, I probably shouldn't mention the real reason I named him that, but he does like to play with the water hose.

When we first rescued Gravity she would always run up to us and fall on her back in submission. Well, one night soon after we got her we were outside drinking and I stumbled and fell on my butt and the dog caming running over to me as my boyfriend's mom said "gravity isn't on your side". It's a very fitting name only now it fits her in a different way, when she sits her 65 lb body in my lap, "Gravity" is holding me down.

Neon's name has a double meaning too. My boyfriend named his dogs after cars, but Neon is also a light colored merle husky mix.
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.