Thread: He's gone LASER LOCO!! Thanks Catty1!

He's gone LASER LOCO!! Thanks Catty1!

I picked up a laser pointer yesterday after Catty1 suggested that it might help our large guy Paddy lose some weight. Well, Pads couldn't care less about the fast moving light and just looks at us like we were disturbing his siesta time (LOL) but our other tubby kitty, George LOVES IT!!! He really needs to lose at least 5-8 pounds as well so we're so excited that he chases it all over the place. We caught his first reaction to it on film today and posted it below. We were so surprised because he's a rather 'cool' cat and doesn't like to be bossed around and does things when he feels like it etc.. (wait a second, I think I just described all cats!!) but he explored his silly side and really had some fun with it.
    At one point he's running so fast you can hear his feet peel out on the floor and it sounds like he's burning rubber!
    We're going to take 'before' and 'after' pictures to see how much his physique changes over time with his new found joy of doing Laser Laps around the living room!

Video:
    George Goes Mental!

He he he he!! George is too cute!!

My kitty Autumn loves the Laser pointer!! Mocha however rarely chases it! She prefers to watch her sister kitty go Bonkers!! Autumn just goes crazy!! She will scale the walls a few feet to get that darn light!! He he he he!! I have to stop her after a while cause she will go till she passes out! She is alwasy panting when I make her stop!!

I wish mocha was into it more, cause she could use the excersize, unlike autumn who is the kitty version of Kate Moss!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

LOL Great video. I hope that this will help him lose some weight and maybe Paddy will learn to play with it too. I need to start using my laser light again with my cats.

LOL! Galloping George! Glad he loves it.

Paddy might be like my other cat - could care less about the light, but loves to chase more tangible things - like something being dragged around the floor attached to the end of a long string or shoelace.

Of course, that means I have to get up and walk around! BUMMER! (Even plump, my kitties are in better shape than me! )

Try a string or wand toy with string and feathers on Paddy.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

How cute is that! Hopefully, it'll help George slim down, too, while he's having so much fun.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Don't you just love it? I'm almost as obsessed with the lasers as the cats. I have several so that there's basically one in every room. They all come running as soon as they hear the jingle of the chain attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    LOL! Galloping George!
    Just what I was going to say. Oh my, look at that boy MOVE! he he hee. Thanks for taking the time to video and post his antics.

We Have A Laser Light, I Wish I Could Remember The Kind Donor, And They Sent A Lot Of Diffent Tips. The Stunnung Thing Is That Tubster The Panther Goes Crazy Over It And I Have To Be Careful As Hes So Big And To Be Honest Awkward.
    Hes Not Exactly Thenimblest Of All Cats , And He Can Really Knock Things Over In His Excitement.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

How too cute.. George is going to get that light yet.. He is adorable.. Now my babies could care less of the light..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Laser

I have 1, Peake, that goes nuts for the light, at 9:00 pm every night he will come and sit in front of my chair. This is the signal that its times to play. As he starts going from one side of the room to the other his brother Mits will join in, but only for a few secounds, then Chessie, the coon cat will swat it if the light comes close enough that he DOES NOT have move his but. The other five could care less.