View Poll Results: Would You Like Pictures of Jess?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would like to make some suggestions.

16 80.00%
  • No, thanks.

4 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprise from Vet

Surprise from Vet

so we took Jesse to the vet today to see about her outer ear infection and skin problems. it turns out that the outer ear infection is caused by some lacretion from awhile ago, so shes on medication for that. its called Bactoderm, we have to apply it twice a day for afew weeks. also he prescribed Otomax a gel-like solution that is squirted directly into her ear canal to help with the smell and bacteria; along with the regular ear cleaning with alcohol. that goes on twice a day to for a week. and most surprising of all...

the nastiness on her back is mange!!!!!!! she is to take 0.70 ml of Ivermeetin once a day for 2 weeks and go back in to have the vet check the results.

also he wants to check jesse later in the week for a speen tumor. he said maybe it was swollen because we fed her before we brought her in, but that it is nasty and he doesnt want to risk it.

also we are to take her off her Heart Gard because there is ivermeetin in that, and both doses could be costly to her.

i dont know if you all wanted to see pictures of her poor self, she isnt in pain at all, but is on alot of meds now. so i wont attach pics unless u wanna see it for suggestions or something.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Oh no. Poor Jesse. Peej is heartbroken that his girl is sick. Any idea where the mange came from?

Please get well soon, pretty girl.

JUst love her as much as you can. And keep seeing the vet.

Kia gets Ivermectin once in awhile for her itchies.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

ahh poor girl Hope she gets better soon!! do you have any idea how she got it??

Originally posted by PJ's Mom
    Oh no. Poor Jesse. Peej is heartbroken that his girl is sick. Any idea where the mange came from?

Please get well soon, pretty girl.
    we're not sure where it came from, but we hope it'll go away quickly. along with her laecration on her ear.

also i hope that when we go in friday, that we wont find any tumors, wither in her spleen or anywhere else!!!

EDIT: its soo nice to hear from Jesse's friends, i will make sure to pass on your comments and good lucks to her.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

~Kari~

Re: Surprise from Vet

Originally posted by cocker_luva
    also he wants to check jesse later in the week for a speen tumor. he said maybe it was swollen because we fed her before we brought her in, but that it is nasty and he doesnt want to risk it.
    well its official; she is tumor free!!!!

~Kari~

Whew! That's good news. How's Jesse doing with all the meds? We need to see her when she's back to her pretty self, I don't like pictures of me when I'm feeling poorly, so we won't ask you to subject Jesse to that!

Get well ASAP Jesse.
    Good news that you are tumor free.

----<---<--<{(@

Well good news on that one. Poor Jesse. Ear problems and mange are enough to deal with. I do hope that the medication is helping. Tucker has to deal with ear problems as well as periodic eye discharge. Right now things are fairly stable, but I dreading that spring might rev up those allergies again. Tucker sends his love to Jesse but Peej doesn't have to be jealous 'cause Tucker's kind of a platonic kind of guy.

What vet does Jesse go to?
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Originally posted by Karen
    Whew! That's good news. How's Jesse doing with all the meds? We need to see her when she's back to her pretty self, I don't like pictures of me when I'm feeling poorly, so we won't ask you to subject Jesse to that!
    shes doin great with the meds. they dont bother her, except when i gotta give it to her. i think her liquid medicine for her mange doesnt have a taste, because she just drinks it and forgets about it. its not like she trys to get the taste outta her mouth; or beg for more .

also im glad that she looks and feels like the same, ol' girl that wasnt sick before.

<i might give some pics anyway, she likes the attention>

~Kari~

Originally posted by Rachel
    Ear problems and mange are enough to deal with. I do hope that the medication is helping.
    it is helping; she has some skin already growing over/on/near (whatever) her mange.

What vet does Jesse go to?
    Millbrook Vet Hospital on Randall Rd. in Geneva

~Kari~

Millbrook Vet Hospital on Randall Rd. in Geneva

That is where Hannah got her AVID chip. We went there to get it because our regular vets (Animal House in St. Charles) didn't have the AVID and since Tucker had the AVID, I wanted her to have the same kind. That vet was SOOOO NICE, I considered changing to Millbrook. It is really near my house too. But in the end I didn't change because I like my other vets a lot.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

ive considered changing too.

~Kari~

Re: Re: Surprise from Vet

well its official; she is tumor free!!!!
    Yay!!! I bet you're very relieved. That's really great news.

Now, post some pics. Peej misses his girlfriend.