View Poll Results: Do you prefer cropped or natural ears?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cropped

9 7.44%
  • Natural

79 65.29%
  • Both

33 27.27%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: To crop or not to crop?

To crop or not to crop?

I think cropped ears look ugly on dogs, except for longhaired dogs like the briard and bouvier and giant schnauzer. The shorter pet crop is not as bad as the show crop. Thin little strings of ear standing up on the dog's head is not something I would pick.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I like both. The Dobie I'm in the process of adopting has his ears cropped and I think he looks gorgeous like that but I also like floppy ears.
    Last edited by Tollers-n-Dobes; 03-15-2005 at 11:07 PM.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I like both.Great Danes i like their ears cropped,and the same with dobermans,but i like both
    Last edited by sammy101; 02-26-2006 at 11:57 AM.

I like the look of both but my future dogs would only have cropped ears if they had it done before I adopted them.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I like natural ears...I don't like when dogs' ears are cropped, unless it's for a really good reason.

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I would never crop a dog I wasn't going to show, but I think they look MUCH (usually) better. I hate it when an otherwise beautiful dog has a bad crop job. On the otherhand, I don't like docking. A lot more breeds than you would think have partially docked tails, ie
    J/PRT
    cockers
    weimeranners
    vizslas
    GSP
    GWP
    Neapolitan Mastiffs
    and so much more

Niño & Eliza

Personally I am totally against cropping a dog's ear of any sort, except for medical reasons, I think it is against our law here and rightly so., sorry but that is my strong opinion on this.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

i like cropped ears and docked tails, its just my opinion.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

I'm against both, ear cropping more so then tail docking, unless there is a (medical) reason for why it has to be done. Most people get them strictly done for looks anyway, and I just see it as cruel and unnecessary, even if it is done for showing purposes.

Personally, I like the natural look.

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    I'm against both, ear cropping more so then tail docking, unless there is a (medical) reason for why it has to be done. Most people get them strictly done for looks anyway, and I just see it as cruel and unnecessary, even if it is done for showing purposes.

Personally, I like the natural look.
    I agree 100% The only way I would have a dog with cropped ears/docked tails is if they came to me that way (Reggie and Syd both had cropped tails when we got them).

I like the look of both, but I disagree with cropping.
    I've been BOO'd!

It depends..But I like both..
    I like how dobies look like with natural and cropped ears..But for example great danes - I like much better natural ears....Although I´m againts ear cropping..If I would have dobie (or some other breed) pup, I wouldnt let to crop his ears...

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

I absolutely hate cropped ears! It is also forbidden now to do in Belgium!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Originally posted by carole
    Personally I am totally against cropping a dog's ear of any sort, except for medical reasons, I think it is against our law here and rightly so., sorry but that is my strong opinion on this.
    I'm with you there mate. Tails are out too in Aus.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

i like both but cropped better.