Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gees, sounds like these terrorists had a lot more planned

If I sounded racist, please accept my apology. No I am not racist - far from it.
    I was just expressing my fear of what's going on today. Besides, who would have thought that one of our own could have been so terribly evil (referring to the Oklahoma incident.) Sorry for the misundering - I love you all!!!

P.S. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO CAN READ
    BETWEEN THE LINES. AND ALSO IN MY LAST
    POSTING THAT'S MISUNDERSTANDING, NOT MISUNDERING

Spencer,

LOVE your letter to bin laden!!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I talked to my friend yesterday and she said they wanted her to go on 20/20 and to be interviewed for the Washington Post. But she wouldn't dare do it because she doesn't want any other terrorists or friends of Bin Ladin to find out she was the person that turned over their fellow terrorist.

She's also heard lots of news reports saying that a cell phone call has led to the capture of America's #1 wanted (or one of America most wanted, can't remember what she said) suspected terrorist or something like that! Wow. I am so glad she got back okay.

[ September 29, 2001: Message edited by: Rottie ]

I live in a small town and right now really glad I do. I have always had a fear of flying and now I do not know if I will ever get on a plane again.

I can't help it but I keep thinking of all the families who lost loved ones, all the people on those planes bound for new adventures, the children on those planes now dead, never having a chance to live. And for what? For Allah? I am unable to comprehend this thinking.

Oh Geez! If you all stop travelling, I'll be out of a job! As a corporate travel agent, handling a huge intl corporation, there's been almost a complete no travel policy, unless there is CEO approval! These people have to see their clients etc, there is only so many phone calls, emails you can do. I am not afraid to get on a plane. My own personal, not relgious related thoughts are that if it's your time, it's your time, whether you are on a plane or walking across the street. I refuse to let these heathens scare me so that I'll never enter a tall building again either! As I mentioned before, I KNOW Muslims, and for that matter, Germans, and I,in no way, accuse them or blame them for anything, and I'm sure the majority of people feel the same way. It's a shame it's easier to identify a Middle Eastern person physically then it is a "Timothy McVeigh" who blended in as a normal white guy! I just think it'll take a very, very long time to get over this and that we will always have a fear in the back of our minds. We're only human.(I think )

I've been Boooo'd!

How did I miss this topic? Rottie I am so glad that your friend is okay! How scary this all must be for her. As for not wanting to fly anymore: ditto! But Spencer is right, we can't do that. We can't let the terrorists win. They want to scare us out of everything. They want to scare us away from everything in life that we love until life isn't worth living anymore. We just can't let that happen. I know this is very much easier said than done and I am praying that I won't have to get on a plane any time soon... but I know that I'll have to some day. We can get through this, America!

Karen, I was at my sister-in-law's yesterday and she was telling me that she has to fly to Miami next week for her job. I told her how afraid I was for her. She said exactly the same thing to me that you just said. She feels that when it's her time that will be the time and not a minute sooner or later. I do agree that it does make sense, but I will still be praying my head off for her when she is flying.

wow! Rottie! that is an amazing story!!! i'm so happy that your friend is ok!

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.