Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giving blood

Giving blood

I GAVE BLOOD THIS WEEK! And I was so happy! I'd been wanting to do it for a long time, but I had to wait a year after I got my tattoo. And I actually liked giving! It was fun and I can't wait to do it again!

Anyone else here give blood?
    Shadow & Gus (the kitties), Blink (the gecko), Draco, Satine, Damon, & Outback (the fishies) ~I'll be there for you - 'cause you're there for me too~

Be at peace, Erin, I will miss you and remember your sweet face always...

Nope, never have and never will. I have an insane phobia of needles so to get one voluntarily... I'll pass. My brother gives all the time though so at least someone from my family is helping out.

Good for you though. I'd be proud of myself if I could do it so you should feel proud of yourself too.

Used to but diabetes now keeps me from it . Good for you for doing it.

I give blood as often as I can. I have O- blood and that's usually in high demand. I've had 3 phone calls in the last few weeks asking me to give blood again.

I donated blood religiously until I spent a year in England during college. Now they won't take my blood....

It's to do with Mad Cow I bet....
    The complete Knit-wit and occasional domestic diva.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

I donated every 8 weeks for years.....the last few years I donated plasma (as I am AB-....good for plasma.) I agree with you. It feels good to get rid of the old stuff and make some nice new blood!

I've yet to find a donation site here.....

I donated for years in South Africa, then when I came here they were really RUDE to me when I went in to sign up, and I never bothered to go back. I still donate when I am back in SA on holiday, as I am still a registered donor there. I am AB Pos

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I'd do it, but I don't meet their weight limit. It used to be 100 lbs and now that I'm there it's 110 lbs.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Me too, every 58 days, if my iron level is up. Last time I went right to work, bad idea, had to keep sitting down all night. Need to do it on a Saturday.
    Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

I would like to, but can't because of my medication.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I do, every time there's a chance and it's been long enough. I have very obvious, fat veins that hold still, so even the newest nurse can do my set-up! I've been donating since high school, it's a family tradition. And I can usually donate at my church, as we sponsor blood drives there for the Red Cross.

Tips for anyone considering donating - be well hydrated! Drink a lot of water or juice the day or so before and that day. The only times I've seen people not be able to give, it's because they were dehydrated, and the veins wouldn't be big enough for the needle!

I can't..I have tried numerous times and every time my pulse races so fast they can't get it down for me to give..needles scare me too death, but I still try and try...

I've been donating blood since 1979, and try to donate whenever there's a blood drive at work. I'm O+ and in pretty high demand.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
    Nope, never have and never will. I have an insane phobia of needles so to get one voluntarily... I'll pass. My brother gives all the time though so at least someone from my family is helping out.

Good for you though. I'd be proud of myself if I could do it so you should feel proud of yourself too.
    Oh yeah! I'm right with you there! My partner Carole gives blood on a regular basis though, so our family is not completely void of giving up the red stuff.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

I am in good health but cannot give blood. I had hepatitus
    as a child so my blood is not accepted.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt