Thread: In the News Only in Arkansas

In the News Only in Arkansas

This was in the KNWA Northwest Arkansas New this morning
    can only happen in Arkansas
    Attached Files Attached Files

i cant seem to get it do you have a link to the story??

there should be an attachment

Dog Called as Witness

Of the people subpeonaed in the Albert Smith murder trial, prosecutors got a four-legged suprise when a summoned witness showed up on a leash. "Murphy Smith" was ordered to appear for an interview in reference to the Smith trial,but when he showed up; it was obvious to prosecutors and everyone else, Murphy Smith was not a peron for questioning, instead the shih-tzu was the accused murderers` dog.

Despite his white coat and playful spirit, Murphy was subpoenaed in the Smith murder trial, but when Smith`s dog showed up for his ordered interview, prosectors
    realized they were barking up the wrong tree. "We thought well, what in the world," explained Wanda Smith, the accused`s sister-in-law. According to Smith`s brother, prosecutors have been interviewing anyone that Smith wrote to while in jail and one of those letter was to Murphy. "He (Smith) probably did because he just loves that dog," added Wanda Smith while talking over the barking dog.

Unfamiliar with the court system, the Smith`s did as the subpeona ordered and brought Murphy in for questioning. "We were shocked and everybody we told said I`ve never heard of that before, explained Wanda. KNWA reporter
    Sydney Hart asked, "So, did you think about calling the prosectors office to clear things up?" Wanda responded no, "Everyone else was getting one, so we thought he was to go."

Now back at home, Murphy is doing what he does best... "He`s (Murphy) real good. He takes care of mama all the time - he stays with her and if she needs anything he comes and gets us," said Wanda Smith. After a few minutes in the prosecutor`s office, Smith`s brother left with Murphy claiming it was all a mistake. Also on Tuesday, Benton County prosecutor, Robin Green, received a semi-threatening note --- asking the trial be delayed. The letter is now at the crime lab for further investigation.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!