Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pets from the past, post pictures!

Pets from the past, post pictures!

I wanted to create a thread for all of us to post photos of pets we grew up with, or that have long since passed. A thread for remembrance, but a little different than memorial threads. I want this to be a happy thread, full of happy memories you spent with your dogs.

Only good stories please.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

ruffles

Pic of our late Poodle Ruffles who passed away on April 3,2002.Here is opening a Christmas gift at my Sister's cottage during Christmas 1991.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Oh that is so cute!!! Did he enjoy opening his present?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

This is my first dobie boy Zeus, who had to be PTS after hip dysplesia and cancer got the best of him He was 10 yrs old

><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

OMG Bonky is sooo adorable!!!

Those are some great photos! Do you have any stories you want to share?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by shutterbug0303
    This is my first dobie boy Zeus, who had to be PTS after hip dysplesia and cancer got the best of him He was 10 yrs old

What a beautiful boy!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

7. This is my girl Tigger, I called her Tigs. She was very special to me and my family. Tigger is out of our GSD female. Tigger was the runt, and nobody wanted her because of her "floppy" ear.

But, I'm glad because then we wouldn't have had all those memorable moments with her. She also ahd a litter of 2 pups Tigger was 17-years-yound when she left us to earn her wings. She has very severe hip dysplasia as well as eyesight, hearing and soem smell gone! She was the onyl thing that I thought about at night, and the only thing I thought about in the morning. She was always there for me, and still is.

She meant everything to me and was my only friend. She was very special! I wished she could have lived forever, here are soem pictures of her.

This is Tigger as a 6 month old puppy

This is Tigs posing!

Here she is with her puppies

Heres Sheena,she past away April,23rd,2003 from Kidney Disease,she was 9.Rest her soul

and Muggins,she passed away about 5 years ago,from heat failure.i'll get a picture of her later
    -Edit-
    here's muggins!She got some bumps removed from her forhead,so ignore the cone and stitches
    Last edited by sammy101; 03-09-2005 at 07:04 PM.

WOW! I've never seen a Dal with one blue and one brown eye.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

jeeze I guess I am very luck that I have yet to have a dog pass away, I no longer have shadow but she is alive and well, almost 9 years old and I see her all the time.

me and shadow taken just after christmas this year at her new home

shady with my best friend(who shade lives with now) out at the lake in the summer, before they decided they wanted to keep her not just foster lol

and shady when she was still with us right after she I had groomed her(hair cut, if you dont she beginds looking like hair with feet and a nose lol)
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I would love to but all of my old photos are from the 70's and 80's and it would take forever to scan them all. I've always been somewhat of a camera junkie so I have thousands of pictures.

Chelsea is the only one I have pics of online. She went to the bridge 10/7/00.
    Eventually I'll get the others on here.

My pretty girl at York Beach, ME.

As a pup. I think she was about 3 mos here. She looks like a monkey.

Another at York Beach in front of Nubble Light. This pic is my fave.

My first dog, Rufus. We had him every since I can remember. I miss him so much

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

This is Opus. He was a dog we found wandering around on the streets with heavily matted ears and heartworms. We took him in, treated his worms and gave him a home. He had to be PTS for being a fear biter about a month later, on May 23, 2002.

This was my big boy, Brut. I rescued Brut from an abusive person. My big boy was beaten and shot. I kept him for about 2 years and my landlord made me get rid of him or she would've evicted me. I gave him to some good friends who had a farm where he could run and play.
    One week later, he ran away and got hit by a truck and went to the RB. The woman I gave him to swore she thought he was trying to come back to me. Maybe he was...he never ran away when I had him. I still cry when I think of him and how I was the reson he died.